• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a laptop cooler recommendation.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arkan

My significant other is slowly injuring my inner nerd child by continuously using her laptop on top of a blanket with the cooling fan screaming at full speed because its suffocating. So can anyone recommend a reliable and good performing laptop cooler for a 17 inch screen model. I don't think I need a full stand so much as a cooler for underneath to get the bottom of the laptop off the blanket.

Try a food tray of the same size or little larger than the laptop.
I use a piece of plexiglass under my laptop when I want to use
it on my lap or a soft surface like a bed or couch.

My significant other is slowly injuring my inner nerd child by continuously using her laptop on top of a blanket with the cooling fan screaming at full speed because its suffocating. So can anyone recommend a reliable and good performing laptop cooler for a 17 inch screen model. I don't think I need a full stand so much as a cooler for underneath to get the bottom of the laptop off the blanket.

Did you ever decide on a cooler Arkan?

Was just curious that if you did which one you went with.

Also try cleaning out the cooling system because of dust and parts of blanket may become lodge in the heatsink and kill the cool of the cpu.. I had to disablement my girlfriend's laptop because she a 1/2 wall of dust blocking the airflow

Back