• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phenom 2 560 x2 voltage?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rumbl3

Just curious what is the highest voltage i should push on this thing?

I seen the review on overclockers.com of the cpu oc'ed to 4.6 with i think a voltage of 1.6 something on air.

Just curious if it's ok to go that high or am I taking a big risk?

I would not recommend higher than 1.5 in bios for any CPU, though LLC might take it a little over 1.5 under load and still be safe. Is this for 24/7 computing?

I would not recommend higher than 1.5 in bios for any CPU, though LLC might take it a little over 1.5 under load and still be safe. Is this for 24/7 computing?

Not really 24/7 but almost basicly when i get home from work my computer runs probably for about 6 to 8 hours straight a day.

Yea, 1.6 vCore might work for a quick bench run or extreme cooling (DIce or LN2) but not a good idea for daily use if you expect the chip to last awhile. 1.50 vCore is a good limit if your load core temps are good (< 50°), otherwise 1.475 is a safer bet. :)

PS
You should also limit your cpuNB voltage to 1.25v for daily use ...

Back