• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Folding@home Passkey

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

'Cuda340

Very Welcoming Senior, Premium Member #11
No longer just for "-bigadv"

Without one, you will not be eligible for the Quick Return Bonus (QRB) on any work unit.

Now that Stanford is testing the QRB on classic work units it time for anyone who folds to get a passkey............I suspect it's only a matter of time before Stanford sets up some sort of QRB for GPU's.

Vijay Pande had this to say about Testing Quick Return Bonus (QRB) with classic WUs:

We have had for some time a Quick Return Bonus (QRB) for multi-core/SMP WU's. The nature of QRB is that donors get extra points for returning the WU early. The rationale here is to align what's best to accelerate the science (getting WUs back quicker so next generation WUs can be made and sent out to donors) with what the donors see (points). In the past, we've simply mentioned to donors that it's ideal for us to get WUs back faster, but the QRB formalizes this and is an attempt to align incentives.

We are testing it with the classic A4 core now. I stress the word testing since we are looking to see what are the implications of rolling this out more broadly (there can always been unforseen complications of anything as complex as FAH). However, the general idea of aligning incentives is pretty clear, so hopefully we will be able to tweak the QRB plan if problems arise.

Folding@home Passkey FAQ

Passkey form

Get one........

foldon.gif

Last edited:
I'm sure you meant SMP and not -bigadv. All SMP WUs have required a passkey to get the QRB bonus. It will now apply to classic WUs as well. Some of these classic WUs will run in single core or smp mode, p10436 and p10437.

I see this as a good reason to check all my rigs... heh. Need to make sure I've got my passkey in, as I'm sure I missed it in a couple.

Have been using passkey since the very first time I folded :D Thanks for these heads-up Cuda as I'm sure I would miss some important updates without them.

Back