• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Live Benching tonight (Saturday 3/12) (and Sunday night) (and Monday night 3/14)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
New ram sticks are not compatible with my board. No boot with the new ram, so I'm stuck with the old sticks... So I'm breaking down now, pulling the 965BE, and dropping the 975BE in. I could spend 4 hours tonight trying to get .03 more in wp1024 without better ram, and probably not get it... And it would be a pain switching to the 975BE once the system is good and iced up.

I'll put it live now, but there won't be any action for a half hour or so.

Done with cpuz for the night, got several dumps for ~6.8Ghz. Highest frequency hit tonight was 6925Mhz, but didn't get a dump of it. Chip just doesn't have it in it... from 1.8 to 1.95V pretty much did the same.

Not many people took the other rankings seriously on this chip, so gonna try to take a couple easy golds. Only worth 2 points a piece, but might as well take a run at them.

Nice globals :thup:

I'd like to get one of those cheap Celerons or P4s and try for CPUz globals. It'd be cool seeing 6GHz or 7GHz in CPUz.

Nice globals :thup:

I'd like to get one of those cheap Celerons or P4s and try for CPUz globals. It'd be cool seeing 6GHz or 7GHz in CPUz.

Matt what board are you running? From what I am seeing it pretty much takes a P35 or a 965 like Cow was telling me. I picked up a 631 but from what I have been told my board will stop it at 1.4V so hitting the high numbers is hard to do unless its on the older boards that will push the voltage.

I know what you mean about wanting to hit something with that high of a freq. the boints aren't much on those cpu's but the globals in crazy on them.

Last edited:
Matt what board are you running? From what I am seeing it pretty much takes a P35 or a 965 like Cow was telling me. I picked up a 631 but from what I have been told my board will stop it at 1.4V so hitting the high numbers is hard to do unless its on the older boards that will push the voltage.

I know what you mean about wanting to hit something with that high of a freq. the boints aren't much on those cpu's but the globals in crazy on them.

Why would the UD3P stop at 1.4v? I used up to 1.7v on air when I had the board, and it could go higher. Is it something to do with the old chips?

I have no idea Matt, I was told this by someone else and I am hoping they are wrong. I haven't dropped the chip in myself yet to see if it is volt neutered that bad. I have another AM3 coming in this week so that should free up my 775 where I can start benching and I will see if this is the case or not. I was told 1.4 on another forum for P4 chips.

Edit: I just went into my bios and with the E8500 that I have installed right now it is showing I can go as high as 2.4 Vcore, I have the latest bios installed.

On the P4 631 that the voltages are showing on the bot they are pushing 1.95+ Vcore on them. Once I pull the board I will drop the 631 I have in and if it shows I can push that much I will bench it, if for some reason it is cut to only 1.4 Vcore then I wont bother to bench it.

Last edited:
Back