• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need someones help hacking a mouse

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darkside1016

I bought a mouse from gigabyte and when you push mouse 1 and mouse 2 together for more than a second it changes dpi.

Really retarded of Gigabyte to do for a mouse that is called a gaming mouse. Once again enthusiasts being targeted for sales of half working products.

I was wondering if it is possible to replace the firmware with something else to hack this mouse so it doesn't do this anymore. I don't even care if the dpi won't change anymore I never use it and I use the lowest possible dpi setting at 800 anyway. 800 dpi 4/11 windows is what I need and I don't want it to change.

Any help is appreciated and if you know someone that is selling a flickable gaming 800 dpi mouse for cheap let me know as well.

The OS is windows and I have tried googling to no avail I end up seeing this post listed 3rd actually.

Last edited:
did you install the driver from the cd. If so, maybe uninstall it, then let windows install a driver. Since you don't realy want to tweak it, if windows installs one of their generic drivers, this may work for you

The firmware overrides the driver and is inside of hardware whereas the driver is on the operating system stored on hard drive. I have a firmware problem because this problem occurs with no driver installed. Windows driver does not do this so it isn't a driver problem. It is the software inside the mouse on the chip that is the culprit. I will have to re-write that chip some how and that is why this post is related to firmware hacking.

I understand that, but what would posting your driver do for you if it is firmware problem?

Back