• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phenom II 555BE Overclock...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperTuner12010

Havent ran prime yet, was stable at 3.6ghz. But wanted to take it a little further. No problems within windows, and played a match of tdm. what can I do for stability or even further overclock before I run prime?

Should I adjust HT Link?

Vcore-1.5v
NB Volt-1 point above default, I cant remember now but i believe its 1.120 or something along those lines.

Here is a screen of what I have so far.

Attachments

• dhdhdhdh.png
    dhdhdhdh.png
    277.5 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:
Ran Prime 95 64bit for 12 minutes with 0 errors. Max temp was 52c.

Running an Ultra chilltec silver, cooler master haf932. When i was auto tuning my hd4870, cpu hit 62c. Opened the case today and blew out all the dust. And noticed one of the pins on my side fan that feeds the cpu heatsink air was pushed out. Thats when I saw max of 52c in prime today. Didnt realize the side fan did that much. Have artic silver 5 on its way along with another 4gbs of ram.

Any adjustments you guys can suggest?

No, leave the HT Link speed alone. The Thubans like this to rise along with the NB but the Phenom IIs do not like it above stock or very little above. I would set your CPU-NB to 1.2v.

Turned the nb voltage like you suggested. Ram prime overnight, woke up, and seems the test only ran fire an hour for some reason. However no errors...Do my ram timings look ok? I tried going to 4.2 but crashed after login screen.

Adding another 4 gigs of memory could mess up your OC.
I think you would see better performance by just lowering the command rate on your existing memory to 1T from 2T

Turned the nb voltage like you suggested. Ram prime overnight, woke up, and seems the test only ran fire an hour for some reason. However no errors...Do my ram timings look ok? I tried going to 4.2 but crashed after login screen.

I wasn't talking about HT Link voltage, I was talking about frequency. Keep the HT Link frequency at 2000 mhz or slightly lower and NB frequency needs to be at 2400-2600 range. CPU-NB voltage should be set to around 1.2v.

I wasn't talking about HT Link voltage, I was talking about frequency. Keep the HT Link frequency at 2000 mhz or slightly lower and NB frequency needs to be at 2400-2600 range. CPU-NB voltage should be set to around 1.2v.

Yah i understood, nb volt at 1.2v.
HT link is 2000
NB frequency is 2400

Why will more ram hurt me, is there a way to run it and keep my overclock?

I had already purchased the extra 4gbs of ram. Put them in last night, and booted up. No bsod or anything but does feel a little funny. Should I just back down to 3.8ghz and then run prime?

Ok 64 bit makes sense, well I'm liking your progress so far great temps and more potential on the way i thinks,

Don't know if you know but running 4 slots of ram could affect your overclock, may require more nb-cpu volts/ speed or higher memory voltage.

But i reacon you should be able to max 4.2ghz around 1.55v

I take it she won't unlock cores ???

Ran prime and got an error ont the second test. Upped the NB Frequency to 2600mhz, volt is at 1.2v

Cpu volt is still 1.5v

Ram is at 1600 9-9-9-24

What would you suggest trying to make it stable?

Set the ram to 1333 mhz. An awful lot of AMD CPUs don't like to play with memory at 1600. The ICM of the CPU is rated for 1333. You will lose almost no performance, especially if you go back later and tighten the timings.

I would bump the CPU voltage up if temps permit. You're getting some vdroop. What are your core temps (not CPU socket temps) running? You may not be able to reach 4.0.

Turned it down to 1333 and still eroor in prime on the secont test. Up nb volt a bit maybe?
It's possible four sticks are going to need a bump in vDIMM (RAM voltage). If a board is showing signs of vDroop (CPU voltage sagging at load) it's very possible the vDIMM is also sagging. Powering four sticks instead of two could make that worse.

What vDIMM are you running now?

Ill be sure to try that when i get home, not to sure what its at now, stock settings for sure. Currently at work, will try upping the voltage tonight.

Before I did anything last night upped the v core to 1.6 just for ****s and giggles. Still crashed under prime, also changed nb freq to 2800. Went back to 3.8ghz, and memory back to 1600. Stable in prime...

Will try what you guys sugested as soon as im home.

Upped ram voltge to 1.6v, v-core up to 1.6v, ram freq to 1066...Still fails...

Ram back to 1600
V-core back to 1.5v
Ram volt back to normal
NB volt is 1.2v
NB freq 2600

Stable at 3.8ghz...Temps are good...

Upped ram voltge to 1.6v, v-core up to 1.6v, ram freq to 1066...Still fails...

Ram back to 1600
V-core back to 1.5v
Ram volt back to normal
NB volt is 1.2v
NB freq 2600

Stable at 3.8ghz...Temps are good...

Please try a lower RAM clock and set the NB frequency to 2400.
Want to see if the Prime95 failure is related to the cores.

Back