• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to clear my Acer mini laptop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wathmon

Disabled
I recently inhereted a mini laptop from my brother and was planning to use it for NaNoWriMo this year, but it's running very slowly. I know he had downloaded an online game but deleted it shortly after, but I don't know if he downloaded anything else before/after that. I just would like it to run a little faster and have room for a writing program.
Thanks in advance!

I recently inhereted a mini laptop from my brother and was planning to use it for NaNoWriMo this year, but it's running very slowly. I know he had downloaded an online game but deleted it shortly after, but I don't know if he downloaded anything else before/after that. I just would like it to run a little faster and have room for a writing program.
Thanks in advance!

:welcome: to the forums! You've posted this in the wrong section, this really belongs in the "portables" section. What word processing program do you plan to use? Microsoft Office and OpenOffice don't demand a lot out of a computer, even a slower laptop. What is the specific model of your laptop? These forums are a little more hardware orientated and this is a software problem, so I am not sure how much help you'll get. If I were to get a laptop from someone else, I'd just do a fresh install of custom Windows build.

Back