• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radiator Question Would this work? (Diagram)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brad257

Registered
Hi Guys,

Got a question about this rad setup.

Basically I don't have enough room for a 360 or 480mm rad and want to now if this setup would give a similar out put. I don't really have enough room for going through one rad, to my block then to the other rad before the next block. Please see my attached diagram and give me some opinions.

Thanks Guys

Attachments

• Radiator Setup.pdf
    10.3 KB · Views: 116
How does having 2x240mm in series differ from 1x480mm except the extra strain on the pump?

Just wondering

Thanks

Thanks for that link exactly what I have been looking for. I see now how the warmer air from the first rad effect the second. Looks like one rad with push pull is more effective then.

How about this setup, gives you a better idea of what i'm trying to do.

Attachments

• Radiator Setup-1.pdf
    10.6 KB · Views: 61
picture.php

check that out. How much reading etc have you done? Are you sure you're up to snuff on the rest of this stuff and not just overfocused on your rads for nothing?

Basically I'm running a 240mm feser X-changer with feser 55mm deep fans running to 2 gtx 285's, then through my 240 Black Ice GT Stealth to my i7 920 block. Wanted to add full cover block for my EVGA Classified 3. So was after a bit of additional cooling, I've got a spare 240 feser X-changer. This is all squeezed in to an Antec p183 that isn't really a WC case

Dont bother cooling the mobo... seriously, thats a waste of money unless you benchmark hardcore that is.

Ok cool just noticed it was getting a bit toasty, well the NB HS but I supposed that is its job it gets hot to disperse the heat. I've got a 120mm xigmatek in the from and back of the case but not got any side panels on at the moment due to them need some modification finishing, so I suppose once they are on that should increase airflow past the HS.

Yes, make sure you have good FLOW though. As your wrote it, you state you have a fan on the back blowing IN the case? Not optimal in most situations.

front/sides = intake
top/rear - exhaust

Proper FLOW.

Yes the fans are in the front out the back sorry for any confusion and what do you mean by retiming your mobo?

Thanks

oh i get it now re-TIMing motherboard lol

yes, if you haven't done so you should see a pretty nice drop i saw at least 10C drop on load with my board.

also if you have the space, i'm assuming you don't, replace that thin gt stealth with the extra feser rad you have.

Got another Question for you guys, been looking around the net and can't seem to finds a definitive answer for this.

Is it better for me to run my loop:

Res>Pump>120.2 Rad>120.2 Rad>CPU>GPU>GPU

or

Res>Pump>120.2 Rad>CPU>120.2 Rad>GPU>GPU

Thanks for the link but I'm not sure if it answers my question. It is less the position of the pump and more is it better to go Rad>Block>Rad>Block>Block or Rad>Rad>Block>Block>Block

the water is a body, not individual molecules, the water will warm and cool as a whole, the link shows this, loop order doesn't matter except for keepign the pump primed.

Ok thanks, just a little confusing.

Rad>Rad>Block>Block>Block

The water passes through the first radiator cooling it to a low temp, then through the second thus cooling it further?

Rad>Block>Rad>Block>Block

The water passes through the first radiator cooling it to a low temp, then through the first block, then exiting the block warmer, then to the second radiator cooling it to a low temp then through the next 2 blocks.

I'm not trying to be a pain I'm just trying to get my head round it.

Thanks

Back