• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8500 (retail) memory question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PsycoPhreak

OK, i know that the retail (and alot of OEM's) shipped with 3.6 ns ram, and that this type of memory is rated to 275 (according to ATI)...

MY question is...

My card has ram marked as follows:

HYNIX.....145A
HY5DV641622AT-33
Korea

Anyone else have chips marked with -33 ( better than the -36)
If so, what is the estimated rating for this memory?

I'm guessing 300 (600)

Anyone?

forget the equation they use (it's really simple but I'm very tired), but yes that is better rated memory and typically better memory overclocks higher.

I'll add in here that it seems many people who have this rating of memory are not as successful at reaching the speeds they should be. Not quite sure why, possibly voltages, but it does seem to be the case.

Silversinksam said:
Thats pretty cool!! 3.3ns memory, may I ask where you bought it?

Got it at Best Buy..(only place around me that had one, and i wasn't about *take my chances* with buying it online) Paid a bit more for it, but had it right away, great thing about that is being able to take it right back for a replacement if something was wrong...(and mine needed to be replaced) first one had 3.6 ns ram....when I got this one home and seen it, I was like.."cool, faster memory", then i stuck it in and loaded the newest beta's and realized the difference... :D

I have the card running at 275/300 right now...( won't push the core clock until I change the HSF to a better one..(possibly a corb or maybe that one you had a link to on Jameco). but i'm waiting on pulling off the stock one just yet, making sure the card don't crap out like the first one...

PS. I was wondering why either the drivers or the card itself has dumped the bios file onto my C:\ drive, found it this morning...

"Videorom.bin"...was just there,..nice feature if thats what it's suposed to do, makes for easier backup *if* for some reason I flash this thing....tho I doubt I'll ever need to.

Last edited:
I have this memory also (3.3) on my retail and I got my 8500 up to 305/620 with stock cooling. I will have a copper 1U cooler on it soon and I will shoot for 325/650.

Back