• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shogun 2: TW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Omsion

It apparently came out today. And it appears they flipped the names around. So officially Total War: Shogun 2.

Anyone with thoughts on this? After the disaster that was Empire (which I note is STILL not patched to what was promised pre-release even today), who's looking at this?

Hahaha, I am looking. It does look good on the screen shots. I think the first shogun was good for its time. Haven't played Empire, it that a Total War title? I am debating if I should get Shogun 2.

D2D sale is over, but now Amazon has it for $40 digital download, registers on steam.

I enjoyed Empire, think I managed two play throughs on full campaign, the scenarios were pretty good too. I don't think there's been a bad total war yet really, not one of the major releases anyway. First Shogun was excellent although did get a bit silly when you made super elite armies. Rome was an absolute classic and I played that though countlessly. Medieval took some getting used to but was good. Medieval II is really good and plays nicely on my laptop which is a bonus.
Empire was pretty epic and the naval battles took some getting used to. I thought it had a lot of nice touches and held together well. I'd get Shogun II but I fear I'd never see my family again.

What did you think was so bad about Empire Omision? I didn't really read much press on it so don't know if I'm in the minority here but I loved it.

If it doesnt have any good new game features im not interested because then its just new theme :\ (And i already got tired of Medial 2)
Personally i liked Medial 2 the best but Empire was fun too for awhile.. but i liked Cossack 2 strategy better in some regards.

I got it on Amazon, should be done downloading in another 5-6 hours , damn 12gb...

Beat the game as Chosokabe clan. It is a really great game! Huge learning curve for me though.

Once the realm divide happens it gets really intense.

Back