• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P67 or H67

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nechen

Well apparently the LGA 1155 mobos are back on NewEgg, problem I have no idea what the difference is between P67 and H67, I was looking at this board:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128476

I don't plan on doing SLi or Xfire if that helps.

Also, whats the difference between the i5 K's and the i7 K's besides the 2MB on the L3 Cache and "Hyper Threading Support" ??

P67 is more for enthusiasts amd oc'ers. It does not have onboard video. H67 does.

I do not think there is anymore difference between i5 & i7 . Check intel's site to confirm that though.

If you plan on using a video card period, go with P67 chipset. H67 is more for the basic computer user and/or HTPC. And like BYR said, overclocking can be a bit more limited on that platform.

And yeah, again BYR is right. The only change in the 2600k vs 2500k is the 2mb L3 cache and the HT support. 2600k is faster stock by 100 mhz
http://ark.intel.com/Compare.aspx?ids=52210,52214,

Well thats confusing, why doesn't the i5 have HT - it looks kinda cool (Assuming you're running software that supports Multi-Threading I assume? In which case that isn't anything new) :(

LoL

Whats the practically of HT? Or basically would I really care if I just got it, OC'd he heck out of it, and played games as I always do.

LoL

Whats the practically of HT? Or basically would I really care if I just got it, OC'd he heck out of it, and played games as I always do.
You don't need it then.

Its really important to Distributed computing projects like Folding@Home or any application that can make use of 8 cores.( 4 real, 4 virtual) and BOINC http://folding.stanford.edu/English/Main
other Apps that can use it...
Video encoding
3d Rendering programs

Ok here is the easy answer on which to pick between the Intel® H67 and P67 based boards. Do you want to use the on processor graphics? Yes, go with the H67 board. Do you want to overclock the processor core speed? Then go with a P67 based board. If you are looking for overclocking of the processor graphics you need to use the H67 based board. Otherwise pick one that looks good to you.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

Definitely P67, H67 is BS. Dedicated GFX card is so much better then one on processer and really cheap. Definitely P67.

Ok here is the easy answer on which to pick between the Intel® H67 and P67 based boards. Do you want to use the on processor graphics? Yes, go with the H67 board. Do you want to overclock the processor core speed? Then go with a P67 based board. If you are looking for overclocking of the processor graphics you need to use the H67 based board. Otherwise pick one that looks good to you.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

We have Enthusiast teams here?

film-cartoon_214.jpg

Im not sure how else to explain it. He appears to work for Intel on the enthusiast team. He has nothing to do with OCF.

Back