• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help overclocking my q6600 with asus p5ql-cm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheGodfatherCE

my specs are as follows

intel core 2 quad q6600
asus p5ql-cm motherboard
kingston 2gb x 4 ram at 800mhz
nvidia 560 ti gpu

i want to overclock my cpu so it wont bottleneck my gpu could someone assist me in doing this and how much should i over clock i have a 480 watts psu and air cooling i just want to use the gpu to its max no bottlenecking

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515316

This should be all you need! It walked me through step by step on my first OC on a C2D E8400 and now again with my C2Q Q9400. Good luck!!!

As for how far you push it depends on a lot more. what kind of cooling do you have? stock? and what kind of case? there are definately some good tips in that guide. See what you can do, and then come back to the forums if you still need more out of it.

Last edited:
well starting with the mobo, on the power side of it. the 4phase pwm is going to be the big limiting factor along with cooling. knowing which revision/stepping Q6600 you have will help as well. if you could download CPUZ and post a screen shot please.

Back