• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

upgradeing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

totalwar13

:amd phenom II X4 965 3.40 ghz processor with a ruby orb blue fan
:4.00gb ram kingston hyperX 8500 cl5 240-pin kh8500d2
:gigabyte GTX 285 2GB Graphics card paid £340
:asus m4n82 ddr2 motherbord
ower supply corsair XL950w
i play a lot of games so i whant to upgrade it so any advice please
also any good websight to learn about parts and buiding and stuff
and how important are hardrive speeds to preformance?
do u think it is a good idear to get 2x more of the same mem so i will have 8g
or buy 2 diffrent make one's or just get didfrent mem?
can i also buy a new g-c and run it dual with this one just seems like a waste to get rid of this 1
thanks

I think you have plenty of memory. Hard drive performance is a very minor player. You have some nice components but the most bang for you buck performance wise as a game player would be to: 1) overclock the CPU, 2) Get a better graphics card

I think you have plenty of memory. Hard drive performance is a very minor player. You have some nice components but the most bang for you buck performance wise as a game player would be to: 1) overclock the CPU, 2) Get a better graphics card

is over clocking my cpu dangerous? can it overheat? what speeds could i get it going at?
is my g-c crap? paid £340 18mounths a go thort it was good
total noob here guys:comp:

Your 285 is TWO series of GPU's back now. They released the 4xx series and the 5xx series already.

Your CPU could be overclocked pretty well. You have to go to the CPU section/AMD and start learning about overclocking.

If you get another 285 you'd do so much better, and you should be able to find another same card much cheaper now. A GTX 285 in SLI is still pretty darn powerful, and you can overclock the CPU pretty well. Need to learn that in the other subforum I mentioned. I think your PSU can handle the SLI. Might need better case cooling though, more fans etc.

because me motherbord cant tke ddr3
the guy who built it said ddr2 was the same just dd3 was dearer
i shouldent off listend to him
i cant find the same card its a gigabyte gtx 285 2gb so could i get a diffrent card and run them both?

Back