• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI Afterburner limits.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Apht3rThawt

I have 2 Gigabyte HD 5770's. They are factory oc'd to 900/1200. With MSI Afterburner I can get 960/136x. At these clocks I can run some 3d benches. MSI Afterburner won't give me faster core clocks than 960 and no voltage control. I see other 5770's oc'd to 1000 or better core clocks. Afterburner is limited to 960/1445 on my system.

My question: Is there another gpu utility that will let me clock higher than 960? And can I get voltage control?

Thanks in advance.

Find the Enable Unofficial Overclocking EULA in the afterburner config file and put this after it: I confirm that I am aware of unofficial overclocking limitations and fully understand that MSI will not provide me any support on it

Also change Enable Unofficial Overclocking to "1". Voltage control option is in the settings, just check the box to enable it (although if you dont have reference cards, you probably dont have voltage control).

Awesome deal! Worked like a charm. No voltage control but the clocks available are out of this world. We'll see what they can take. Much appreciated.:thup:

Find the Enable Unofficial Overclocking EULA in the afterburner config file and put this after it: I confirm that I am aware of unofficial overclocking limitations and fully understand that MSI will not provide me any support on it

Also change Enable Unofficial Overclocking to "1". Voltage control option is in the settings, just check the box to enable it (although if you dont have reference cards, you probably dont have voltage control).

got an XFX 5770 back from RMA department and i installed 11.5 drivers and AB 2.1 but it is still limiting my core clock to 960 and my memory clock to 1445.

it is a reference 5770, so i don't understand why it is doing this? :shrug:

got an XFX 5770 back from RMA department and i installed 11.5 drivers and AB 2.1 but it is still limiting my core clock to 960 and my memory clock to 1445.

it is a reference 5770, so i don't understand why it is doing this? :shrug:

:shrug: anyone?

Make sure you do exactly as I stated in the above post. You need to edit the config file w/ notepad and save the file. Dont put a period at the end of the sentence either. Most people do it and it either doesnt save, they didnt restart MSIAB, or they just miss-typed it.

Make sure you do exactly as I stated in the above post. You need to edit the config file w/ notepad and save the file. Dont put a period at the end of the sentence either. Most people do it and it either doesnt save, they didnt restart MSIAB, or they just miss-typed it.

typo :cry:! got it bro! thank you :thup:

Back