• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I love it when the mailman brings presents!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Seebs

Fronting as a Mod Member
I do love it when the man in blue shorts drops by my office and brings me boxes...

:)

Attachments

• P3212346.JPG
    P3212346.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 121
What a blurry pic that is...lol

Hope you don't have the same OCP/OVP-ish issues that I'm having with the REX. What RAM do you have for the REX?

What a blurry pic that is...lol

Hope you don't have the same OCP/OVP-ish issues that I'm having with the REX. What RAM do you have for the REX?

Do you also have those issues with Dual core CPU's?

Looks great Sebas, hope that Rex is a good one :)

Do you also have those issues with Dual core CPU's?

It seems so. On my E6300 and E6600 runs yesterday, I had to keep lowering the voltage as I increased clocks to keep stability :screwy:
More so on the E6600 b/c the overall CPU frequency was higher.

It seems so. On my E6300 and E6600 runs yesterday, I had to keep lowering the voltage as I increased clocks to keep stability :screwy:
More so on the E6600 b/c the overall CPU frequency was higher.

:rofl:

Thats a new one. My problem is that on quads I get BSOD if i try to go higher than 1.69V. My E8400 scaled nicely with voltage all the way up to 1.85V...

I know... The sweet spot with the E6600 was only 1.625v in the BIOS... When Intel's datasheet rates them up to 1.55v max...

@ Meathead... LOL.. Yeah that REX looks gorgeous too! So far I only have a few chips to put on it: E6300 - E6400 - P4 630 - P "D" 820... I'm planning on getting more chips too; and maybe a Jiggy board for the Quads.

@ EarthDog... She is a sexy little monster indeed.. I can't wait to slap that puppy on my daily driver and see how much more FPS it will give me for Crysis.

@ Mattno5ss... LOL. I can't help that one dude.. crappy camera + shaky hands = blurry pics.
I have two sets of these: CMT4GX3M2A2000C8... One is out on long-term loan to Joe and the one I have here has done 1600MHz at 6-7-6 without voltage increases so it may be able of a bit more speed with some extra juice given to it.

@ Wega... I'm hoping the OCP/OVP issues on this one are non-existant, but I guess if they are there I will have a GA-EP45-UD3P at my disposal for those voltage hungry chips.... And I could always use my P5Q-E and have 2.1V at my disposal at the change of a jumper.

@ Mattno5ss... I found out the same thing with my P5Q-E; the one chip that I have now that really performed well would have trouble posting at anything higher than 1.75 in BIOS which resulted in 1.796 in OS. And the highest FSB I got out of it was actually at 1.696 in OS (1.625 in BIOS) so as long as I can give them chips around 1.7V with the REX I should be OK.

@ Wega, Mattno5ss and BNova... Yep; the one good performer chip I have now did not like anything over 1.7 either... It booted at 1.75V but could not go higher than 515FSB at that voltage and once I lowered the volts to under 1.7 it opened up and jumped to 562.

I'm extremely stoked with the HW... Just gotta find some time this week to do a night run... Maybe the REX will enable me to do more on the E6300 than I already got out of it.

All in all I foresee an nice chunk of points coming my way once I get a good performing E6400 and start getting more C2Ds and C2Qs.... I know Chance is going to give me s#!t for this one, but I used to be like "AMD or go home", but now I think I've found my new favorite "mistress" and her name is LGA775

Last edited:
Lol. I won't give you crap for getting the team boints!!! :rofl: I heart intel too!

Amd is my first baby... she's just being shunned right now. >.>

All in all I foresee an nice chunk of points coming my way once I get a good performing E6400 and start getting more C2Ds and C2Qs.... I know Chance is going to give me s#!t for this one, but I used to be like "AMD or go home", but now I think I've found my new favorite "mistress" and her name is LGA775

Just wait till you discover globals, her name will be lga2011 and gtx580 and nitro :D

Lol. I won't give you crap for getting the team boints!!! :rofl: I heart intel too!

Amd is my first baby... she's just being shunned right now. >.>

LOL... I <3 my AMD too... but HW Points are just so damn easy on 775 that I'm finding it hard to even look at that 720BE right now. But my AMD chips will get frozen too. I think I'm done buying AMD for now until BD comes out.

Just wait till you discover globals, her name will be lga2011 and gtx580 and nitro :D

LOL... Maybe one day I'll be able to afford the monster GPUs... For now; I'm stuck with 775 and if moneys permit; I'll be getting a SB setup in about a month or so. That should also be good for some points right there.

All I know is that I'll be surpassing my 300 points goal I had set for 2011 and that makes me very happy.

How can he give you any s#!t, he hasn't figured out 775 FTW.

No $h!t.... This old HW is incredible. It almost feels like cheating; it is so easy to get points out of it.

Stop shaking and take a close up around the socket on the REX for me.

Does it have as much stuff around the socket at the EP45-UD3P?

Attachments

• cuos.jpg
    cuos.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Stop shaking and take a close up around the socket on the REX for me.

Does it have as much stuff around the socket at the EP45-UD3P?

Sure boss...

Attachments

• P3212347.JPG
    P3212347.JPG
    202.6 KB · Views: 91
  • P3212349.JPG
    P3212349.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 89
  • P3212350.JPG
    P3212350.JPG
    204.9 KB · Views: 91
looks about the same but with better organization and more power phases...I'd say it's probably easier to insulate the REX though...

looks about the same but with better organization and more power phases...I'd say it's probably easier to insulate the REX though...

I actually did not find the applying of eraser to be that difficult, other than the fact that I got a bad batch of eraser that was way too hard to work with... But my second batch was really pliable and a breeze to apply. It is the getting the eraser off the board that gives me headaches; especially the eraser that goes in between the caps and the rectifiers.

Awesome board Sebastien, looks like you had a hell of an awesome day.

Now let me borrow that 570 before you sell it :p

LOL... Yes it is an amazing looking board. I haven't had a chance to fire it up yet, but I will sure take it for a spin on air this week and maybe even try to freeze a chip or two on it before the weekend.

You can borrow the GTX570, but only for gameplay. No benching it as it has already been benched and points earned with it... And the rules forbid GPU sharing unless money changes hands.

Back