• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Vertex 2 Speed Problems!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mafiozo

Registered
Hi all!

i just bought a ocz vertex 2 ssd and i get only 125mb/s readspeed and 130 mbit/s write with AS SSD Benchmark. i dont have any other problems. it boots fine also. any ideas what to do?!

this is my 1st time here and it looks like a very nice forum.

THX for reply, ANY idea is welcome!

Some motherboards cap it to UDMA 133 when in IDE mode.

Some boards, when in "IDE" mode will make the system act like it's 2003. (PATA)

MY specs are, ASUS MB Crosshair III, ASUS EAH HD5870, ram OCZ 1600mhz Black Ed. AMD Phenom x4 965Black Ed 3.4ghz running on Win7-64bit.
Cant even update disk firmware when primary disk and if i really wanto theres a way but then i need to buy an USB stick.
Thats fckn hilarious that u need to buy something to fckn update it.

Check your Bios to see what mode your SATA config is running in. Try changing it from whatever it's default is (assuming IDE) to AHCI. Just bare in mind if your running Windows 7 you have to first enable AHCI driver mode via the registry for it to be able to boot into windows..

ye i googled it and fixed it, its enabled now, what to do now? new test or?

i also forgot to mention i have a normal Hitachi drive which i cant see now!

so i went to bios there it was not able to change SATA con by con so it was 1-5 and 6-10 ports that i could change from AHCI and Ide and Raid, i think so then i need to put my D device on SATA port 6???

And the speed is the same on SSD in AHCI!

And BTW thx for helping me!

Last edited:
i also did a new Benchmark test with ATTO and then the highest of all scores in it was 275mb/s. which one to trust?! i had that score too before enabling AHCI.

The 275mbs sounds normal. Return it to IDE mode then if your other drive is unusable. Re-run the benchmarks. If you get 250+ it's perfectly fine and perhaps you just had a weird benchmark run? lol

ye but i only get the high speed in ATTO not in AS SSD Benchmark! i will run both after enabling ide

now did benchmark with both apps and AS SSD Bencmark still gives me low seq speed 130mbit/s on both reading and write.

ATTO still gives me high speeds around 250mbit/s. Which one is right??!!

AS SSD Benchmark is at least only made for SSD´s so that one should be correct!

Back