• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A64 3200+ Winchester CPU-Z help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
Right now I can get into windows, but I'm having stability issues.

Voltages:
I've got vcore at 1.75V.
LDT bus at 1.4V.
Chipset at 1.7V.
Memory at 2.8V.

Frequencies:
I've got FSB at 290, multiplier at 10
I've got ram on the lowest divider
LDT/FSB frequency ratio at x3
PCI express frequency at 100Mhz

Any hints or tips? I don't remember how to treat this ol' girl right.

Guys at Classicplatforms can probably help you out. GREAT bunch of guys and they are still rocking those setups :)

I was keeping HT in the sub 1000 range (top cpuz were run at under 1000Mhz) - I would need to have FSB at 400Mhz to hit 2Ghz on the HTT. Didn't take me too long to toast my OS however, then called it time to take a break. I may head over to classicplatforms and look for their input however... My superpi1m time was something like a minute and a half or more at 2.8Ghz (I never actually let the run finish because it was so slow).

Anyways, I messed with voltage a lot and it seems I'm topping out around 2.8Ghz on air, unless there is something else really holding me back. That is close to being worth fractional boints on CPU-Z, but my sp1m times were approaching 2mins... at my cpu frequency they should have been closer to 30seconds. No clue what was making them so bad... Getting my ram up around stock settings didn't have any meaningful impact.

If my sandybridge board doesn't get here soon, I may lose my sanity.

That's strange, might be worth trying a notch higher HT just for giggles.

2.8 was the top end with those chips on air. What Mb are you on ? do you still have the IHS on that ? very easy to remove

Hmm I think I still have my results from when I did the 3600+ winchester

Let me find them.

Found this:

Attachments

• 2.6.jpg
    2.6.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 85
  • 2.6 memory.jpg
    2.6 memory.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 105
  • 2.75 CPU.jpg
    2.75 CPU.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 106
2.8 was the top end with those chips on air. What Mb are you on ? do you still have the IHS on that ? very easy to remove

IHS is still on. Core 2 runs about 8C hotter than core 1. I have the 300CFM squirrel cage blower blasting directly down onto the SLK-700, which I just remounted with fresh paste (did the same on the NB heatsink also, which is getting solid secondary airflow from the blower also)

I'm on the Lanparty NF4 Ultra-D, this thing was pulled from my old HTPC. I disabled everything in BIOS - thermal throttling, LAN, audio, etc

Any guides to popping the IHS?

Take an exacto (brand) knife and cut into the corners at 45* angles using the middle of the blade. Work your knife slowly around the whole edges from there, making sure not to go too deep.

:thup:

Word up :)

Before you delid, you are not using hte AMD mounting bracket are you?

Setup a bolt through method before anything... you will have to mod anyway to go delidded ;)

Bolt-through vs clip makes a nice difference on top temps (not so much idle)

Like ALL AMD, what board you running? few will do 300+ AMD is all about the board.

IHS is still on. Core 2 runs about 8C hotter than core 1. I have the 300CFM squirrel cage blower blasting directly down onto the SLK-700, which I just remounted with fresh paste (did the same on the NB heatsink also, which is getting solid secondary airflow from the blower also)

I'm on the Lanparty NF4 Ultra-D, this thing was pulled from my old HTPC. I disabled everything in BIOS - thermal throttling, LAN, audio, etc

Any guides to popping the IHS?

Might sound crazy, but this is what I found during my Chipset freezing research.
http://hwbot.org/community/submissi...erence_clock_lanparty_ut_nf4_sli_d_543.41_mhz

Freeze the NB! heh...

Might also try Clockgen for Nforce4 at the bottom here:
http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/other/114

And look for modded BIOS...
:edit:
Found some about midway down...
http://www.techpowerup.com/printarticle.php?id=114

Word up :)

Before you delid, you are not using hte AMD mounting bracket are you?

Setup a bolt through method before anything... you will have to mod anyway to go delidded ;)

Bolt-through vs clip makes a nice difference on top temps (not so much idle)

Like ALL AMD, what board you running? few will do 300+ AMD is all about the board.

Thanks for the tip about mounting brackets... Not going to mess with that on air, I would just do LN2. I'm on an slk700 which uses the standard retention lugs I think. Not sure on that, no recollection.

Welcome to the top end of those chips/most boards of that gen. Not sure if it gets any better with better cooling. But air/water 2.8Ghz sounds about right. 3Ghz was magical if you could hit that on non extreme cooling.

Good luck!

Back