• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help my rocket propelled grenades actually hit stuff (BFBC2)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

How do you actually HIT stuff with the stationary AT missile/AT4/etc in bad company 2? I can't get those damn laser darts on stuff and even if I do my AT4 missiles don't auto seek. I've seen people get auto seek looking kills on helicopters with garbage RPG7 and stuff what's going on? Do I suck?

If there is a tracer dart on the vehicle (you'll see the little red box when you sight it in) you need to keep it sighted until you see the distance listed right under the box, then it will seek the dart with the RPG or CG, I believe the the AT4 is heat seeking and is noe compatible with tracer darts.

The AT4 does not use the tracer dart, it is laser guided. You will see a red square pop up once it is fired the rocket will follow the red square. It takes some practice, but I have more luck taking out choppers with the AT4 then the RPG or CG.

I use the tracer darts on tanks and other armored things. They make it easy to track them and take them out from behind cover. Hers a hint. Once you trace something you can shoot at it from behind cover by aiming up or to the side of cover and shooting. The rocket will change direction if it is locked on to the target. To lock on you have to aim at the tracer and wait for the red box to get the range. Once the range shows up you have a lock.

The RPG and CG take the straightest path to the target when locked on. If there is anything between, you either need to aim so it goes around it or move. The rocket will not avoid objects.

Yeah, for tracer darts, use the RPG or CG - highlight the box, wait for distance to pop up, and shoot. The rocket does turn towards it, but it doesn't avoid obstacles, so make sure there's a clear field from where the rocket turns to the target.

As for the AT4, I can't hit anything with the AT4, but it's fairly obvious to me from watching videos of people using it...IGNORE the red box on the AT4.

Good person to watch for BC2 massacres:
http://www.youtube.com/user/blackmesatech

In particular relation to the AT4...
(the first)
(the second)
(the third)
(tutorial on the AT4)

It also pops regularly up in his other videos.
He's basically a portable no-fly zone.

I use nothing but the RPG and I can hit just about anything and everything on the second shot unless its flying.

off topic but this will save making a new thread....
Is there a way to call for ammo/medic/repair or issue commands? I see that Q is to issue commands to your squad but no idea how that works as nothing ever happens when I press it.
Thanks

If you are aiming at a medic/engi/assault and you press the spot key it will ask them for whatever you need. So if you need ammo and you look at an assault team mate he will here the request. A lot of player will ignore it, but it is worth a try. For orders, you need to be looking at an objective and it will either say defend the location or attack the location you are looking at. I find that the issue order really does nothing to help your team.

If you are aiming at a medic/engi/assault and you press the spot key it will ask them for whatever you need. So if you need ammo and you look at an assault team mate he will here the request. A lot of player will ignore it, but it is worth a try. For orders, you need to be looking at an objective and it will either say defend the location or attack the location you are looking at. I find that the issue order really does nothing to help your team.

NEVER EVER EVER works for me bro :rain::rain::rain:

Douken-- the video you posted was very helpful!!

Q is for everything. Requesting ammo, medpack, spotting enemies, attack this position, hey I need repairs, hey dude stop I want to repair you, hey let me heal you up. I always listen to requests as you can see it in the minimap, of course, if you're playing hardcore you'll be lucky if anyone listens to you.

Last edited:
Back