• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Suggest me a card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dan_ep82

I just built a new pc (as per sig) with the plan to upgrade later,hence the PSU.

But for the time being i'm looking to get a decent graphics card to play the likes of Crysis,BFBC2,ARMA2,BC3 when it comes out etc.

Obviously you can only guess for BF3 but what card will play the other games on full?
I do have a spending limit,I was planning on going for the 6970 but its just too expensive,and by the time I have the money,1-2months, im sure you wont be able to flash the 6950's.

So now im looking to spend in and around €200/$280 ,max €230/$325 and will more than likely be bought from www.overclockers.co.uk and will have to include delivery. When I upgrade i'll be getting a better board with crossfire capability.

So,based on that,suggestions?

Cheers for reading,
Dan

Lets see what happens in 2 months when you are ready...

I know why your saying this,in case a new card comes out in the mean time at my price range. And I can understand the frustration of seeing similar threads every day,but as most specs are different I was looking for a more specific answer.
1 to 2 months is the max safe time it will take to get the money together,and was only used to explain why i ruled out the 6950,plus the price.

More than likely it will be 2-3 weeks,everything going well,but I allowed for everything going against me with the 2month time limit.

Either way what I was looking for was people who have cards now who can play the above games well and within my price range.

*Forgot to mention I won't be going crossfire for a few months,so I'm looking for a single card for the time being with the capability of going crossfire in the future if needs be.

And you dont even know that to be true (6950 being 'locked'). Regardless, I would still get a 6950 as that should be in your price range anyway. Unless you are rocking a multi monitor setup or 2560x1600 resolution, I wouldnt bother with Crossfire either. ;)

I don't think the 6950 will ever be locked. This little trick must be great for pushing sales - AMD probably intended it in the first place.

Back