• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bobnova's first time Cold on SB. Friday night, was live

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bobnova

I'm going cold with my 2600k on P67a-UD4, GPU is 4870 and 4870 crossfire, maybe others.

Going to see what this chip'll do.
It'll boot at 5.3 on air, so it's not total junk.
Stream removed cause it's over.

Last edited:
Finally cold and benching.
That took days.

There was a driver issue and a router issue, and now vista has eaten my XP install.

So far I've got a 4870 3d05 run of 38119, good for 21.something.
I'm hunting for another 100 marks or so to get into the top20, then it's 3d06 time.

I'm drooling from watching you folks going cold.
I just realized that all of my boards were bought from COMBO DEALs which are not capable of going high BCLK on cold as those higher end boards.

..........well, I have to think of other ways here.

Last edited:
Thanks nick!

I'm really pleased, at the end I spent some time playing with things and got it to boot and run pifast at a shade over 5.4!

Highest I got was 5408 for pifast, it might actually have a bit more in it, I ran out of dice before I could really max it out.
It was scaling with volts even going from 1.66 to 1.7vcore, the UD4 cant do more then 1.7 though.

They definitely do more than 1.6V; the P8P67 WS Revolution I have has been set well north of that. I haven't tried > 1.7V and don't remember if the option was there, but it did 1.67V without issue.

They definitely do more than 1.6V; the P8P67 WS Revolution I have has been set well north of that. I haven't tried > 1.7V and don't remember if the option was there, but it did 1.67V without issue.

How do you like the WS Revo hokie? I've got one sitting here, hoping it will replace the UD-7... as I HATE it's quirkiness.

It's a very solid board and I like it, especially the 16x PCIe bandwidth when running two GPUs (no 6990 bottleneck in these runs :D ). The only quirk is that you have to figure out the power section to get good clocks. For 24/7 use auto is fine, but for pushing the limits auto doesn't cut it. I'd have to look at the BIOS menu to get all of the options, but off the top of my head:
  • Manually set the power frequency to 450 or above
  • Set most other options to "Extreme"
  • (I prefer to) Use "Ultra High" LLC (as opposed to "Extreme"...I'd rather it hold constant voltage or ever-so-slight under voltage to over voltage).

thanks for the clarification hokie! :thup:

Back