• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How Hot is to Hot?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dave65

With Seti running my CPU temps get up to 42 to 44 C..
I am using Cooler Master fan on the CPU,do I need a different fan for the CPU??

Do you have tried to lap the bottom of the HS? generally it hepls a lot ;) and please what are your ambient temps? into the room, of course :D

If you don't plan to overclock anymore, then those temps are resonable. However, if you do plan to overclock more, those temperature would be already too high.

Doors did bring up a good point. Lap it very good, then use ASII, then you notice a some what 6 degree difference. Probably 3-4 from lapping and 2 degrees from AS3.

Yodums

Exactly, but I prefer to use wet/dry sandpaper grain 600,800 & 1500 for a light mirror finish, no more, coz there are conflicting results with higher grains like 2000 or above ;) take a look here for more infos.

It made me say damn

i used the heatsink compoud at radioshack before i applied it i was running 51c on my cpu after i applied and rebooted i dropped donw to 44c with no lapping

I have not had temps registering under 50c since I switched from intel to amd. My 1.2 gig ran consistantly in the high 50's. My 1gig I got after the 1.2 gig died is consistantly around high 50's to low 60's. But it cooked along without a glitch though. And this is with an SK6 w\ ASII. On an Asus A7A 266 though. So I don't believe my temps were ever accurate. I'll find out when my Shuttle comes. See how much of a difference in temps there is.

Yes the A7A266 will show 10 degrees hotter than it really is,mine did that also..

Back