• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New x580, can't find much info???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gromet

Registered
Hey there all,

Recent Build... I had an HD radeon 6950 (Unlocked Shaders, and OC'd) but hated the results I was seeing with the Radeon. I swapped it out with a Sparkle Calibre x580 card. LOVE this card. The difference in the quality is amazing.

My question is, I don't see alot about the Sparkle Calibre x580? I found a review or two from when the card was first announced, but I dont even see much on any site I can find about owners reviews, opinions etc...

Is this considered a good 580? I know it's clocked higher then most I had found or the normal GTX580's. It's cooler is dead silent and temps are perfect.

I'm just confused at what I think is a very good 580 card, but not many people have it?

thanks for the input in advance...

-Gromet

I do, because thats an AWEWSOME cooler so awesome in fact if you take a look at the post on the first page of this forum youll see me asking about your very card and the special cooler it sports!

Its basically a referrene GPU so no worries on quality :D.

if i should you my motherboard would you be able to guestimate on whether i could fit 2 of them on it :D?

In a very strange twist of fate, the day you posted this was the day our review of the card was published. Check it out on the front page. FWIW, I agree with your assessment. :)

if i should you my motherboard would you be able to guestimate on whether i could fit 2 of them on it :D?

Here's a profile photo from the review today. It's definitely not a two-slot solution, more like three to three and a half. I'm thinking minimum four slots in between the cards to keep them happy.

kommanderkodiak,

I just checked out the MSI Big Bang XPower Mobo... YES you can fit two cards you have 6 PCIe 2.0 Card Slots, the first Long Slot is x16 and the 4th is also x16, so since the Calibe takes up three slots, you can put them in these two slots and you will be good to go!

Good Luck!

hokiealumnus,

I actually saw the review RIGHT after I made this post this morning, it wasn't there before I startwed writing the post but it was once I posted it. LOL, yeah, fate...

-Gromet

I will post a few pics of mine, as you can see in the second pic, the Calibre takes up exactly 3 slots... So putting on in slot 2 and one in Slot 5 will work perfectly.

s2.jpg

s1.jpg

-Gromet

I cant imagine the immense amount of heat dump inside the case... better have good airflow or that nice cooler is just going to be circulating its own hot air!

THANKS SO MUCH GUYS! I cant wait to get this project under way :D.

The HAF-932 i have is the one with the nice big 230mm fan that is right next to the cards and pulls the air out of the case so when the cards are in place and outputting hot air itll suck that straight out. The air that doesnt get sucked out will be blown back by the front mounted 120mm and sucked out by the rear and top fans. Its a great case!

If you wanna attach VRM heatsinks im currently inquiring from the very maker of the cooler on your card what the dimensions are for their heatsink package that goes with the cooler. Once i find out im going to find copper heatsinks at those dimensions, if your interested let me know and ill hook you up.

Last edited:
That is a big heatsink but it gets good reviews. I'm not a fan of this vaporchamber thing that came on my EVGA GTX580, it was loud and didn't do that great of a job. Would get up to 70C easy, with wc I've yet to see it above 55C with a heavy OC. Seems about anything over stock cooling is an improvement.

Gromet...Nice clean build, that case is screaming for a CPU/GPU watercooling loop, the 580 really likes WC. :thup:

Back