• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't create startup disk 4 Ubuntu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Noonsie

I just installed Ubuntu 10.10 (dual boot w/windows) and I cant create a startup disk using a usb flash or cd drive, I can browse and access files on both but when I use the "create startup disk" app I get nothing but errors trying to create a startup disk, it does not show the cd drive at all in the utility and it shows the flash drive but does not show free space on any usb or flash drive as if the utility can't mount it. What is the easiest fix or work around, I just want to create a startup disk.

Thx :-/

You stated you get errors, what are they?

org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

How can this be, is it possible that administrator can still not have access permission?

Ok, even though I tried two different types of flash drives it appears that if there is any operating software at all on the flash drive (ie file compression software) it will not work. I dug up a pen drive with no software at all on it an it works like a charm... thx :thup:

Back