• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SB X-Fi Titanium PCI-e woes.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fanat1c

Registered
Hi All! Hoping to get some advice on some issues with the Creative X-Fi Titanium PCI-e, model SB0880.

At present, the only way the device will work is with the Microsoft HDA drivers. Once the drivers from Creative are installed, it appears visually that all is well, but no sound is outputted from any configuration possible (speaker configuration, etc.) - I would continue using the Microsoft drivers, however there are a few games which like to crackle, and play the sounds way out of sync.

Creative, so far, have been quite predictable and suggest what I have already tried. There is no resolution yet, and I'm almost about to give up.

I've also tried some 3rd party Driver packs such as "daniel_K's Support Pack 2.0" & "PAX's Driver pack". None of which provided any success.

Observations: It's said the card plays up as it's on the same IRQ channels as the Video Cards (which is the case for me), and unfortunately the GA-X58A-UD5 motherboard does not allow any IRQ allocations, and Windows 7 does not allow any IRQ allocations either.

Different PCI-e slots have been tested, all of which present the same problem.

It's a shame that my SB Audigy HD which is 8 years old will work 100% with Windows 7 drivers. Oh, and as a bit of a rant, here I was thinking I bought a Fatal1ty Pro version of the X-Fi card (SB0886), but got conned and was provided an SB0880 with the EMI shield from the SB0886...

Any advice or suggestions are appreciated!

-Jake

Someone changed the EMI shield to con you?
That's pretty creative! (Get it? Creative?)

Creative drivers have always been finnicky. One of the reasons I stopped using them, along with the fact that there are always better options than creative no matter what IMO.

Are you on service pack 1 for windows?
Have you looked around to see if this problem is replicated anywhere? I imagine you've been trying to use the 880 and not the 886 drivers if there's a difference? Haven't really bothered with anything Creative since Audigy 2 so I dont know what the driver architechture is like right now.

Someone changed the EMI shield to con you?
That's pretty creative! (Get it? Creative?)

Creative drivers have always been finnicky. One of the reasons I stopped using them, along with the fact that there are always better options than creative no matter what IMO.

Are you on service pack 1 for windows?
Have you looked around to see if this problem is replicated anywhere? I imagine you've been trying to use the 880 and not the 886 drivers if there's a difference? Haven't really bothered with anything Creative since Audigy 2 so I dont know what the driver architechture is like right now.

Hey there, YEP! They got me good, didn't realise it until I got the device infront of me... Alas, as they say, Caveat Emptor!

I'm currently on Windows 7 x64 SP1... Issues are concurrent on two seperate machines with different components. Creative are still no help, they are deeming the card faulty, even though the card works fine (for now anyway), with Microsoft HDA drivers, and are sticking to their guns with the fact that their drivers have been tested and are working.

I suppose I'll never be able to test this puppy out to the maximum :-(... I've tried everything!

Back