• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6.34 Keeps hanging my machine

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bijiont

I have read the overall installation guide for 6.34 and -smp which was very smooth (great guides) however for whatever reason it keeps hanging my machines.

All the machines are running 1090T OC to 4.1Ghz all of which are prime stable for 24 hours. The strange part is the logs in F@H show nothing which indicates an error other than the current WU was interrupted and will resume. I can post a full log set in the event I missed something.

I have also checked crash logs on the machine itself however that showed nothing related to F@H.

I am almost 100% sure it's something which I did wrong. I am setting the processing up for 100% as these will be dedicated units and also using full memory. I think this is where I am messing up, do I configure for the full system memory or only dedicate half? All machines are configured with 8+Gb of memory.

I apologize for the lack of logs on the first post still working with the machines to get them in their new physical homes as well.

Thanks in advance for any assistance, running 6.23 on them until I can get 6.34 going.

Here is the config, sorry it took so long very busy as of late. I changed the memory size to 50% available on one system to see if that would create a more stable system.
[settings]
username=Bijiont
team=32
passkey=
asknet=no
machineid=2
extra_parms=-smp -verbosity 9

[http]
active=no
host=localhost
port=8080
usereg=no

[core]
cpuusage=100
addr=

[clienttype]
memory=4096
type=0

Last edited:
It isn't the client. 6.23 and 6.34 run the same cores and the same WUs, with the exception of -bigadv, which only 6.34 will run. The cores do the work, so assuming the WU starts and runs, if FAH is the cause, it's the core not the client. It sounds like machine instability to me. Prime95 stability isn't a particularly good inticator for folding stability. Try OCCT and see if it passes that.

It isn't the client. 6.23 and 6.34 run the same cores and the same WUs, with the exception of -bigadv, which only 6.34 will run. The cores do the work, so assuming the WU starts and runs, if FAH is the cause, it's the core not the client. It sounds like machine instability to me. Prime95 stability isn't a particularly good inticator for folding stability. Try OCCT and see if it passes that.

Thanks ChasR I will give OCCT a go for 12 hours and see what happens.

At least in the mean time I have the PS3's cranking so I am still putting up some numbers lol.

Ended up downclocking all the machines to 4.0Ghz. For whatever reason they just did not like F@H at 4.11Ghz even though OCCT is still running.

Thanks again ChasR.

Back