• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Realtemp Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Huserx

Does realtemp 3.67 still require calibration for the SB i7 (i.e my 2600k) or is it good to go when installed?

If so the documentation on the realtemp website doesn't seem to be updated for SB.

At stock speeds and default bios settings.. on my GA-P67A-UD7-B3 the Gigabyte Eay Tune gives an idel temp of 26c, whereas real temp installed with no adjustments reads 30-33c

Any help to ensure RT is properly configured for my UD7 & 2600k would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Huserx

Ok, so I re-read it ;-p

Ran the sensor test with EIST enabled and these are the results.

*Sorry technical issues with the image

Last edited:
Don't bother with calibration because you fool yourself. :)
Calibrated or non-calibrated TJMax is still 98. Keep distance to TJMax>20 in daily use and forget about those cheap Intel sensors.
Ah, use latest RealTemp to proper identify your Sandy.

Just ignore the GB Easy Tune CPU temp readout. That could be a socket temp sensor and not the on-die sensors that RealTemp is reading.

Last edited:
When it comes to cpu temp, just remember a siimple thing, those cpu maker never had intention to make the cpu a good and accurate thermometer, thats it.

Those numbers are off and expecting their accuracy could be off prolly by 20% !!!

As burebista said, just make sure you keep the distance approx 20 degrees to TJMax at fully loaded.

Back