• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BFBC2 went extremely animatrix on me...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

So I'm playing MP on Atacama desert, and suddenly, instead of disappearing, as per usual, all the debris starts bouncing up and down like a basketball :sly:.. A helicopter rotor hub, bricks, boxes..... bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce... They also stopped reacting to environmental stimuli. Usually you can kick or shoot or grenade a box around but no...
:shrug:

Only recent change was going to W7SP1 and that BETTER not be it because I'd have to reinstall windows and then I'm just going to have to kill this cute puppy I have here for just such an occasion....

Did you ask anyone else if it was happening to them as well? I haven't seen that issue ever.

Is it still doing it every time or just randomly? Isn't it more of a problem that would appear on a particular server and not client-side?

Is it still doing it every time or just randomly? Isn't it more of a problem that would appear on a particular server and not client-side?

Never thought of it being server based.. Isn't debris calculated individually for each client? It doesn't directly affect gameplay (except trees). I thought the trees/walls were 'there or not there' and the catual collapse/debris was calculated individually for each client?

Its on the client side. The calcs for those Physics (not PhysX) are done on the PC.

Cool, that makes sense now that I think about it.

Still a strange coincidence that you had there, ocnoob, but if you aren't seeing it on every map/server that you are logging into I'm guessing it was just a glitch in the game. I doubt SP1 is the cause of the issue, though (I've been running it with 0 issues).

Cool, that makes sense now that I think about it.

Still a strange coincidence that you had there, ocnoob, but if you aren't seeing it on every map/server that you are logging into I'm guessing it was just a glitch in the game. I doubt SP1 is the cause of the issue, though (I've been running it with 0 issues).

It happens once in a blue moon. For a split second. This is the only time it happened and stuck for a few minutes.

I don't think it is SP1 now either because a couple of people told me they run it and had this same glitch pre-sp1..

Back