Notices

Overclockers Forums > Discussions > Cyber Deals
Cyber Deals NOT FOR SELLING OR TRADING!!! Hot Deals from vendors. No Post Count.
Forum Jump

Free 2 day shipping deal for Newegg and other stores (Similar to Amazon's Prime)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 04-03-11, 11:44 PM Thread Starter   #1
jivetrky

Free 2 day shipping deal for Newegg and other stores (Similar to Amazon's Prime)

I was looking at Newegg and saw this little link below the product listing:

Name:  Capture0.JPG
Views: 2459
Size:  75.4 KB

When you click the link you get this info:

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 2462
Size:  85.3 KB

So for $79 a year you can get free 2-day shipping on many (Seems like most) items on Newegg as well as other fairly popular sites (Borders, Toys R Us, Autozone, etc)

I did notice that it doesn't come up under cases, so it might be limited by weight or possibly box size or something. But i did look at a huge Power Supply and it was available for that. It was the PCP&C TurboCool 1200 which weighs 10lbs. And shipping on that alone was $14 for Newegg's price.

I think the next time I go to buy something from Newegg I may have to try out their 30 day trial and see how well it works. I have an Amazon Prime membership and pay $79 for it. I Love being able to buy anything with free shipping. And several times I've chosen to buy at Amazon instead of Newegg because the price difference without shipping was worth it or sometimes just because I know I get things so fast through Amazon.

EDIT: The free shipping on returns seems like a nice deal as well!

2x HTPCs / 3x Desktops / 1x 10TB UnRAID Server

[--------------HEATWARE: jivetrky --------------|-------------- GAMING NICK: jivetrky--------------]

"With every upgrade I become less clever." -Socket eh?\(_o)/

Last edited by jivetrky; 04-04-11 at 02:28 AM.
jivetrky is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-04-11, 03:14 AM   #2
DumpALump

10 Year Badge

Maybe interesting for some, but for me personally it isn't worth it. Not trying to thread crap, but just wanna give some fyi. I took a look at the Participating Stores and a majority of them generally have free shipping after say $25 or $50 spent, which is depending on the store is about how much you'll usually spend. Although if you order a lot of Dominos then it definitely would be worth it

The thing with Newegg is if you're generally a deal shopper with them, then all their deals come with free shipping, even their cases. I don't know how long it takes to ship to everyone else, but in CA it usually takes 2 days and occasionally 3 days to arrive at my door.

The reason Amazon prime is so much better is it covers practically everything from electronics to even food. Another big plus with Amazon prime is Amazon super saver shipping has become a lot slower than it used to be. Sometimes they won't even ship till a week later, even if it is in stock. Once shipped it'll take anywhere from 2-5 days (for me at least). Either they ship so much that all the trucks are full or they are withholding goods to make their Amazon Prime a lot more attractive, maybe a little of both.

Old 04-04-11, 11:34 AM   #3
dfonda
Senior Member that
wants to Be Banned
Premium Member #16

10 Year Badge

Yeah I saw that free shipping....scared me away...

#1Win72600k@4.5GHZ(Hyper212+)Msi P67 G65 16GB RAM evga560Ti
#2 Ubuntu 4P 6172's 48 cores on a SuperMicro
Phones:Nexus 5(Love It) N4,N7, iphone5
Folded for Tim and his wife, Mark and his wife,Pete_Scout Oldskool and Adak..."He was the Best of us".
Last Steam App Update..."Allow App to Magically start itself and login by itself" is on list of permissions!
dfonda is offline Author Profile Folding Profile Rosetta Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-04-11, 01:17 PM   #4
jstutman

10 Year Badge

Google is your friend.

Reports all over the place involving this company.

Quote:
Ordered something from Dick's Sporting Goods with Shoprunner's "free two-day shipping." That was four days ago and the item still hasn't arrived. Turns out UPS shipped it "standard ground" and it will take a week. Called Shoprunner, they said it was my fault for not double-checking with UPS about the shipping method. Huh? I canceled my Shoprunner membership immediately.
Quote:
Got the boot from Shoprunner for too many purchases... I guess unlimited free two shipping only means unlimited to 50 items!
Quote:
Most of the stuff on the participating websites don't qualify for the free 2 day shipping, so what's the point?
Quote:
I signed up for shoprunner.
after 2 weeks I get a nice email,"Due to irregularities on the usage of your membership, we have cancelled your ShopRunner account"
so even though the web site says unlimited orders,I guess my 15 orders puts me into something beyond unlimited.So much for shoprunner.
Quote:
Shoprunner is a joke! Alittle over a week ago, I signed up for their 30 day free trial. I used it to place about 5 orders and today they cancelled my account for, as they put it, "usage irregularities". I'm still waiting to hear back from their company as to what they consider "usage irregularities". I guess they only want people who will order 1 or 2 items once every blue moon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpALump View Post
Once shipped it'll take anywhere from 2-5 days (for me at least). Either they ship so much that all the trucks are full or they are withholding goods to make their Amazon Prime a lot more attractive, maybe a little of both.
Sometimes I wish my prime membership would do this
I hate ordering something, only to change my mind, and it is too late cause it has already shipped

Heatware
jstutman is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-06-11, 02:35 PM   #5
hajalie24

Most items on newegg come in 2 days anywaysm the max being 3. Only exception are the really small items that ship with egg saver.

128 Crucial M4 SSD
750gb Samsung Spinpoint Sata Hard Drive
750gb Western Digital Sata Hard Drive
2x 2TB Samsung F3 Hard Drives
2x R9 290 In Crossfire
27" 2560x1440 Shimian Monitor plus 2x 21.5" AOC e2243fw 1080p
Logitech G15 Keyboard
Logitech G5 Mouse
HEAT
hajalie24 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-15-11, 02:05 PM   #6
imposter

10 Year Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajalie24 View Post
Most items on newegg come in 2 days anywaysm the max being 3. Only exception are the really small items that ship with egg saver.
exactly....

since im so close to NJ warehouse it doesnt matter plus not to mention who goes to those other websites anyway.....

-Ben333
imposter is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-15-11, 07:13 PM   #7
ratbuddy

Dunno, I ordered from newegg a week ago, two very small items (short cable and microSD card) and it's still not here. I'm in the one day ground zone from NJ, but they used some stupid DHL/USPS combo. Seems their shipping is going a bit downhill.

-----
Main - X3 450 - ASRock A790GMH/128M 790GX - 2x2GB G.Skill 4-4-4-12 - 2xWD Green 1TB - Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB - Silverstone TJ08 - Corsair CX400W

Nothin' up my sleeve..
ratbuddy is offline Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-16-11, 05:41 AM   #8
vixro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratbuddy View Post
Dunno, I ordered from newegg a week ago, two very small items (short cable and microSD card) and it's still not here. I'm in the one day ground zone from NJ, but they used some stupid DHL/USPS combo. Seems their shipping is going a bit downhill.
eggsaver option. I avoid it at all costs.. literally.

Gigabyte GTX 680 2GB @ 1250mhz / 7030mhz
Asus Xonar Essence STX 7.1
- Cardas recabled HD580 & Creative GigaWorks T40
Silverstone DA750 750w PSU
heatware
vixro is offline Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-17-11, 06:24 PM   #9
goldenlight

10 Year Badge

Cool ShopRunner Experience So Far

This service actually pays for it self if you are building a brand new computer.
You don't have to sign up for the $80 plan to get the trial. They have a $8.95 plan as well.

My shipping was completely free including the case. The only 2 items that arrived in 3 days was a 27inch monitor and a pc case. This saved me $17.00

I received a DOA Power supply. Took me 6hrs to figure this out. Never had a doa power supply before. Immediately logged into my New Egg Account and behold there is a option to sign into My shop runner account. I signed into my Shop runner account and everything qualified for free returned shipping except the PC case. The PC Case will always work out for me unless it arrives physically damaged.

Old 09-18-11, 09:53 AM   #10
JonSimonzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratbuddy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixro View Post
eggsaver option. I avoid it at all costs.. literally.
Exactly. It's a good rule of thumb to know, always avoid EggSaver shipping.

As far as ShopRunner goes, I used it once and had no problem. I bought some books from Borders.com (which has the worse checkout ever, it alone almost deterred me away), and signed up for the free ShopRunner trial. Got my books in 2 days just like it said. Only complaint I had with it, which I'm sure is somewhere in the small print, is I cancelled it right after I got my books, and you don't keep your membership through the 30 days. It ends when you cancel it, even if it's less than a week after signing up.

Silverstone ST65F-G - Silverstone SG10
Heatware
JonSimonzi is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-18-11, 11:24 AM   #11
tuigi69

Signed up for the free trial. We'll see how it goes. Useful for Newegg stuff that ISN'T free shipping and the Toys R Us Lego deals that come up.
tuigi69 is offline Folding Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-07-12, 05:43 PM   #12
Aynjell

Me and my room mate have had only positive experiences with it. We got in on the lifehacker free for a year deal and it's treating us very well.

Old 01-07-12, 07:43 PM   #13
Needitcooler

10 Year Badge

Shoprunner had a free 1 year trial on Black Friday. I signed up and have ordered a LOT of stuff from Newegg and Toys R Us. Everything has arrived within 2 days, and stuff that has a shipping charge on Newegg is free!

VID - XFX 7950 @ Stock
MB - Asus P8Z68-V Gen3
SDD/HDD - Kingston HyperX 120GB and Hitachi 1.5 TB
PSU - Seasonic Platinum 860W
Monitor - Dell 24" IPS U2410
Keyboard/Mouse - Corsair K90 and Logitech G500
Proud member of the, "Let's take the warning labels off everything and let evolution run its course," club.
Don't Hassle the HAF
Needitcooler is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-07-12, 09:06 PM   #14
squads

10 Year Badge

Usually items show up with free shipping at some point on the Egg. I must be really close to the warehouse because I have received the last several orders from Newegg literally overnight. My Amazon orders are to the point where they take 1 to 2 weeks with the free shipping. I'm more than willing to pay for shipping from newegg if the items are the same price.

Phenom II X4 940BE Stock | Core Contact Freezer | Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4 | 4gb Patriot DDR2-800 4-4-4-12
MSI 8800GT 512mb | 2x640gb WD AAKS (no RAID) | Corsair 520HX | Kingwin KT-436B-WM | XP Pro & Ubuntu 9.04

HEAT!
squads is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-08-12, 01:46 PM   #15
Jkicak

10 Year Badge

maybe i'm just stupid but i don't trust stuff like this.... i trust the company that i have done business with for 10+ years and i have come this far with out using this 3rd party deal crap.... just a scheme to get money, contact info and opens an additional group of people to worry about keeping my private info private.

no thanks, i will wait for deals or pay the shipping. it is still much cheaper than local options and of course no sales tax (for now)

GFX: GTX780
HDD:Samsung 840pro 120gb SSD, 1Tb WD Black
Case: Antec 300
Display: Samsung 32" LED
Jkicak is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-08-12, 03:24 PM   #16
JonSimonzi

I got the free for a year deal as well. Not worth the $79/yr for how much I order, but it is nice to have for free.

Silverstone ST65F-G - Silverstone SG10
Heatware
JonSimonzi is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-09-12, 10:40 AM   #17
custom90gt

I've used this probably 18 times in the past 4 months and it's worked great for me. I know I've saved more than 79 bucks already...

Lenovo X230 | i7-3520M | 16GB | 256GB Crucial M4 msata | 12.5" IPS |

HP Mediasmart EX490 | E5300 | 4GB Mushkin | 6TB space, but could use more |

Back home again.
custom90gt is offline Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-09-12, 08:54 PM   #18
hajalie24

Whenever I order from shoprunner they ship UPS Ground unless it's from CA or some other place far. It still arrives in what shoprunner calls 2 days, but really it's 3 days since they don't count the day it ships out.

128 Crucial M4 SSD
750gb Samsung Spinpoint Sata Hard Drive
750gb Western Digital Sata Hard Drive
2x 2TB Samsung F3 Hard Drives
2x R9 290 In Crossfire
27" 2560x1440 Shimian Monitor plus 2x 21.5" AOC e2243fw 1080p
Logitech G15 Keyboard
Logitech G5 Mouse
HEAT
hajalie24 is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Discussions > Cyber Deals
Cyber Deals NOT FOR SELLING OR TRADING!!! Hot Deals from vendors. No Post Count.