• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Delta 80 CFM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darrenct

I have an 80 CFM delta... Monster Fan!

So why does it seem that everyone has the 68 CFM.... Is there somthing wrong with the 80?(other than noise) I'm the only person I've ever seen with one.

If ear plugs were included it would be more widely accepted. There is nothing wrong with the fan, its just loud. I would put a rehostat on it or do the 7v mod to slow it down. If you can take the noise then its a great fan.

The delta38 performs great but I'm sick and tired of how loud it is. I'm replacing my hsf on monday to a hsf w/ a 70mm 42cfm 32dba fan.

I do have a rheostat on it, It works wonders with the noise level, I barely turn it down, and it is instantly quiet, and I'm still getting really good airflow.

Darrenct said:
I have an 80 CFM delta... Monster Fan!

So why does it seem that everyone has the 68 CFM.... Is there somthing wrong with the 80?(other than noise) I'm the only person I've ever seen with one.

The 80cfm is the same as the 68cfm with a slightly faster motor. Since the first thing most people do is slow it down with a rheostat, they only get the 68cfm and still wind up slowing it down a little :D

Hoot

See thats why I want a Koolance case. My Fiancee is sick of the noise. You can hear this thing in the bedroom. I have 1 80mm 68c.f.m. Delta,1 120mm 131c.f.m. YS-Tech, 2 80mm 50 c.f.m. Sunon`s and a couple of cheap 80mm and a PCI slot fan.

Friend has it with his Alpha PAL8045, and he doesn't plan to adjust the speed and keep it full blast!

Personally I don't see much of a difference it's only rated 50 something CFM. I think eventually you get use to the noise and I barely even notice this like 50dBA in the case at all.

PS Klown:

Turn on the music, it'll be good :D

Even with the music or the T.V. turned on I can still here it. The tower is right next to me. I guess this is where my big problem comes to play. I spent over 100 hours working on my case. Now I have the chance to up grade my video card to a Ti4600 or upgrade my case and O.C. the heck out of everything in it.

if you wear headphones instead of speakers then it's
a good trade off because you cant hear any of the
fans.

Back