• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wireless USB keyboard not available during boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

guillaume

Funny how overclocking has become so easy on these SB platforms but a bunch of other little problems pop-up ;)
One annoying one is my wireless USB keyboard not being available before Windows start. The wireless dongle LED light stays off, and finally comes on when win7 starts.
When I plug a PS/2 keyboard and go in the BIOS, I can see that the USB mouse is working.
In the ASUS bios I have legacy USB enabled, not sure what else to do?
I tried switching ports, but to no avail.

Funny how overclocking has become so easy on these SB platforms but a bunch of other little problems pop-up ;)
One annoying one is my wireless USB keyboard not being available before Windows start. The wireless dongle LED light stays off, and finally comes on when win7 starts.
When I plug a PS/2 keyboard and go in the BIOS, I can see that the USB mouse is working.
In the ASUS bios I have legacy USB enabled, not sure what else to do?
I tried switching ports, but to no avail.

Make sure in the Bios that the USB Keyboard and USB Mouse function is enabled as support from the BIOS and not the OS. In my BIOS, there is a function to do that, so that should do the trick. If not, I don't know what to tell you, maybe there might be an option to enable USB support through Windows 7? im not at ALL familiar with windows 7 so I really wouldnt know, or even familiar with Windows Vista, they just still have too many problems now. At least in my opinion...

Back