• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Budget Build, Craigslist style!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R. Shackleford

It's amazing what a little Craigslist surfing can produce! Some guy was selling his rig so I snatched it up quick, after some fine tuned haggling. So I present to you, my new budget rig. This is my main desktop, laptop died and I sold it, used some of the cash from that to buy this hardware. Figured I'd build one after not having one for quite some time. I think I did pretty good. :thup:

Pentium Dual-Core E6500 2.93GHz CPU and a Gigabyte G31M-ES2L motherboard with 4 gigs of Kingston ValueRam DDR2-800 RAM and a Sapphire Radeon HD 4850 1 gig w/HDMI. A 500 gig WD SATA drive with an el-cheapo Polaroid DVDRW drive. PSU, Antec Earthwatts 430 watt, all in a ****ty Gateway case with a Dell 20 inch widescreen monitor, nice wireless Microshaft KB and mouse. Got the whole rig for $200. I managed to shave $50 of of the asking price. The hardware looked fairly new and I got all the boxes, disks and manuals/guides with everything and the inside was well kept, nice, tidy and kleeen, so all in all a good buy. Should hold me off until my Sandy-Bridge rig gets built. :rock: Still need to get a new cooler for it b4 I start overclocking this mega beast of a machine, jk. I broke the nice one it had on it. I dropped it. Oh well.:bang head

Not a bad deal even if you bounced the hsf off the ground. lol Guess I should surf craigslist more often (I could use more parts for my Nova). lol :burn:

Back