• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stock Kuma CPU-NB voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trents

I just bought a used Phemon I Kuma X2 and was wondering if anyone knows what the stock CPU-NB voltage is supposed to be? On "auto" its 1.325. That seems high to me as I'm used to seeing stock Athlon II CPU-NB voltages being less than 1.2. Perhaps the L3 cache in the Kuma requires more juice as well as the 65 nm fab process.

Thanks for the input. I'll play with it some but I'm waiting on some ram I won on ebay first that will add to the 2 gb I already have. That might change the load on the CPU-NB.

Update. Well, as it turns out anything less than 1.325 for the CPU-NB was not stable and even a small bump beyond that seemed to help.

The big thing I discovered was that stability was greatly enhanced by activating ACC. Without doing that I could not get it stable at 3.1 ghz (stock is 2.7) no matter what voltages I tried. As I recall that was the original purpose of ACC but with all the attention having gone to using it to unlock cores on Phenom IIs I had sort of lost track of that.

But isn't it funny that if its built in to Phemon IIs you still have to activate it in bios to unlock the cores?

I think I've heard of isolated instances of Kuma cores being unlocked but mine certainly isn't one of them. Yes, most of them were failed X4's (Agena core) but you know how "creative" AMD is with their production decisions.

Back