• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTA IV Graphics issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

me2hat_head

Registered
Right, I know that GTA 4 is a difficult game to run, especially on a laptop, but seriously? Only 800x600? Texture quality on LOW? I was expecting medium at least, but I can't even test higher resolutions because I am unable to change any damn settings! Is this normal?

My specs are in my sig (not the AMD one XD).

Please help me guys.

^I should add, at the bottom of the graphics editing screen under settings, it says something like 'Resources used - 200/51'. What does that mean?
^^ 'Can you run it?' says I should be good to go as well.

Last edited:
I wouldn't expect it to fly on a Geforce 425. Low or medium at best. Probably not medium. Sounds about right. No idea about the resources used if anything I'd guess it thinks your settings are going to use 4x the resources the game actually has. May not recognize your hardware properly or something. Ran CRAPP on my Conroe system when I tried it on medium so don't expect much.

I wouldn't expect it to fly on a Geforce 425. Low or medium at best. Probably not medium. Sounds about right. No idea about the resources used if anything I'd guess it thinks your settings are going to use 4x the resources the game actually has. May not recognize your hardware properly or something. Ran CRAPP on my Conroe system when I tried it on medium so don't expect much.

That makes me feel a lot better, I thought I had hardware issues. I downloaded nVidia Inspector to see if I could get the specs closer to something like the 430 or better using the overclocking utility, but I don't think I'm doing it right.

I have updated to patch 1.0.70 or whatever it is and now everything seems to be fine. Resolution is at 1366x728 and everything is sitting happily at medium settings. I need a desktop real bad lol.

I know right? How many games can you just randomly do that and then get into a police chase for no reason? I love this game :)

In the gay tony addon you can pick a girl up in a dance club and go 'talk' in the washroom.. there's a story scene where you're 'talking' in a washroom pretty graphically..

In the gay tony addon you can pick a girl up in a dance club and go 'talk' in the washroom.. there's a story scene where you're 'talking' in a washroom pretty graphically..

Reminds me of the San Andreas Hot Coffee Mod lmao. I'm sure I'll end up checking that one out ;)

Back