• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield bad company 2 graphics issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bageland2000

I recently reformatted my system and installed the OS onto my SSD. All of my other hardware is the same. Before the reformat, I was playing BF:BC2 at high settings with no issues. Now, when at medium or high settings (low works without problems) I am experiencing graphics issues. The sky is grey, textures are ugly as hell, bullet/flash animations and explosion effects are not present. Windows, directx, graphics drivers are up-to-date. Any thoughts?:bang head

That is pretty strange. You may want to try reinstalling, maybe something got messed up with the textures?

I did reinstall once. I got the game through a sale on EA's download manager. The other problem that I am running into is that EADLM SUCKS. I've scoured the net on how to backup the game files to an ISO but the folder path that is out there (supposedly a cache folder in programdata) on other forums doesn't exist on my computer (theres a folder called download cache but there are only two tiny files in it). I've already had to DL the game three times and I hear that there's a cap on the number of times you can download the software. So on another hand if anyone knows how to backup a game from EADLM please let me know. Any other thoughts?

You shouldn't have to back anything up. If EADLM is 1/10th as good as steam you can infinitely re-download and re-install anything you bought just like if you had the cd. Once you buy something on Steam it'll automatically re-download it for you if it finds it missing on your hard drive but their system says you have it. I have an extra weapon pack in Metro 2033 and when I reinstalled Metro 2033 it redownloaded and installed said pack with no action from me.

You can use their downloader and reinstall. I've reinstalled a few of their games a couple of times.

Bageland, you might let everyone know what kind of GPU you are using at least...preferably your whole system specs.

HAHA although I just changed it back because I realized you can't have a gmail account if you want to use the classys...:screwy:

So that being said, does anyone have any more suggestions? Or a forum that may be more appropriate to post this question?

Back