• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Google Chrome Frame, Old Installation Packages

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zzzzzzzzzz

I have been having problems with the current version of Google Chrome Frame (as of this post, version 10.0.648.204).

I have received reports that the 9 series of Google Chrome Frame has less compatibility issues and that it would work where the 10 series would not.

I have been wanting to use the last stable 9 series version of Google Chrome Frame add-on (I believe that it would have a version number string beginning "9.0.597").

Unfortunately, I do not have older version installation packages nor does Google publicly provide them.

I request information as to where older versions of the Google Chrome Frame may be acquired. If someone has the older version installation package and can send it to me, that would be great.

I believe that it is worth noting that Google provides the full installer for Google Chrome Frame (download page here) as an Windows Installer Installation Package (MSI). I am seeking the full installer (sometimes called "offline installer" or "standalone installer").

have you tried here http://www.oldapps.com/google_chrome.php
however chrome automatically updates itself so you have to find a way to block it from doing so.

Chrome is pretty good with updating itself as you said; you can try to disable the google update service (in msconfig, i believe) or you can put in a firewall rule to deny the google update service / notifier access to the Internet.

I had attempted to post a longer reply, but it seems this website failed to post it and the post content is no longer available.

However, in short, I am looking for Google Chrome Frame and not Google Chrome.

Google Chrome Frame is a plug-in (ActiveX) for Internet Explorer 6, Windows Internet Explorer 7, and Windows Internet Explorer 8 (and integrates a light version of Chrome (including rendering engine) into Internet Explorer 6/Windows Internet Explorer 7/8). Google Chrome is the full web browser.

See http://code.google.com/chrome/chromeframe/ for more information about Google Chrome Frame.

Back