• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First m-ITX build (full-power)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rykoshet

so I'm planning an i5-2500 or BD m-ITX build for the summer.

I plan on using this case, but I am 100% open to new ideas:

http://canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=6_631&item_id=035189

I am having a few problems, and hope you can help me out.

1) I'm putting in an i5-2500 probably, with an aftermarket heatsink and fan. I'll also want something like a GTX460 or 6850, 8GB ram (4x2GB or 2x4GB, whichever the motherboard fits), and probably a small 2.5" SSD. Nothing else (maybe another 2.5" or 3.5" storage drive...). Will this be fine with the stock 450W PSU?

2) How much more do you think I'm going to pay for a m-ITX build over a m-ATX build? I'll forgo some space-saving if it means a hundred or two hundred dollars saved in cases and mobos.

3) What about the heat? My region gets really hot sometimes, 30+ degrees indoors in the summer, and I worry about the components being in such a small area with not the best ventilation. Is there anything I can do? I'll have 3-year warranties on most pieces, but I'd rather play it safe.

Thanks everyone. I'm totally new to m-ITX's and need help from the pros. The point of this rig is to be out of sight behind the monitor, and be cheaper and more powerful than a Sager laptop, so I can't go against those principles.

Any help you can offer me (even telling me it won't work) is greatly appreciate. Thanks again.

Back