• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

could XP run in dually, or only MP??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
title say it all.

could the XP run in those dual cpu mobo or have to be MP?? r u sure?? and confirmation??

'cos i've been thinking a dual XP setup, but not quite sure if it works in dual mode?? heard it could....??

also, any good mobo recommanded?? or those r coming soon?? how 'bout overclockability???

:rolleyes:

at first i think it was said that it can't be done, but now i have seen people running them. I have heard the tryan is a good stable board... i don't think many duals offer overclocking, but you can get golden sockets. There is someone in these forums that has done it like that i think its MekBoy. you might wanna talk to him

XP's will run in the MP boards with no problem, but will not always run stable in MPX boards. This is from experiance. If you want to overclock, just stick with a very good KT266A chipset board and a 2000+. Can't go wrong there!

Back