• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASRock Extreme profiles screen shot to get you strated:)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spiritedandy

Premium Member
ello all just thought i post screens of yes im calling it bios
i dont see many around and its a starting point :)

i diss all energy saving as i like to burn 2 trees a day to fuel my comp

ive set turbo boost power limit to 200 so i dont get down clocked 200 seems fine (multi can drop even tho set @ 48 or what ever

spread spectrum diss i had probs with blck @ over 101 this helped when dis (just for now tho all default well .1 over as mobo lowers it slightly)

All on water cooling

View attachment 110411131006.BMP

View attachment 110411133135.BMP

View attachment 110411133227.BMP

k.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great info, thanks for sharing! FYI, I edited your post to put the images inside it so the auto-resizing works and it doesn't force horizontal scrolling.

FWIW, under the 50x multiplier, I find it takes less Vcore to reach a given clock if Internal PLL Override is disabled. That was true on the ASRock Extreme 6 I looked at before and the ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution I'm working with now.

It's definitely mandatory to turn on at and above 50x, but below that it comes with a Vcore penalty, at least on my chip. :thup:

Excellent info... I should be using the fatality soon (after I flash teh bios to get that guy off my screen).

I have also experienced the same thing that hokie is talking about in regards to the PLL feature. It doesnt need enabled until around 50 multi in my singular experience. Some boards I hear are lower. Give it a try.

i diss all energy saving as i like to burn 2 trees a day to fuel my comp
:clap:

Anyway, thanks for your post. I switched to the ASRock P67 Extreme6 (B3) from an Asus P8 P67 pro (B2) a few days ago, thanks to the SB recall (bought the ASRock new, will return the Asus for a refund). And I am really glad I handled it this way. As yet, the ASRock turns out the more stable, trouble-free and faster board, also providing better tuning possibilities.

Btw, I think you're perfectly right calling a BIOS a BIOS, since UEFI here only designates the interface used to make BIOS settings.

Following your advice, I set Short and Long Duration Power Limits both to 200 and Core Curent Limit back to its default of 150. Now, the former two are values in Watts, the latter I don't know. The use of these settings obviously is to have the multi switch only from lowest (16x) to max (46x in my case), without intermediary ups and downs. I had all three on 250 before, but your values work just as well and seem to be more processor-friendly. Do you know more about these settings?

Also, the Load Line Calibration diagram in the UEFI's Description appears to be in the wrong orientation, suggesting that with highest load you get the lowest vcore, while clearly it is the other way round. For my 24/7 oc of 4600, I have it on Level 5 with an offset voltage of +0.08, and I get vcores between 1.048 (lowest load) and 1.342 (max load).

One last question: How can I add a signature to my posts? I've looked up and down the options in the user cp, but I must be blind regarding the sig.

Last edited:
The Core Current Limit is also in watts. I hear you about the LLC number / function dissonance. Thankfully they give you the handy-dandy graph when you select the option. :)

As far as a sig, you have to have a few posts before the forum will allow you to make one. It's a spam prevention measure due to a problem with spammers signing up, making a sig with their spam and never showing up again. Before the option pops up for you, you're welcome to check out the signature guidelines to avoid a PM down the road.

Welcome to OCF! :welcome:

Thanx hokie earthdog ill look into the pll today :) see what happens

yes voltages are ok upto 5000Mhz then things go up very quickly ...

i can make my mind up if i like this or not voltage differences little gremlins ect .... i want my 980x back :( off to test hokies pll out :)

i straped my cascade to it ...i booted at default -70 -80 yay i thought then soon as it gets to -90 freezes :( :( i know they dont like to be cold but had to try

:clap:

Following your advice, I set Short and Long Duration Power Limits both to 200 and Core Curent Limit back to its default of 150. Now, the former two are values in Watts, the latter I don't know. The use of these settings obviously is to have the multi switch only from lowest (16x) to max (46x in my case), without intermediary ups and downs. I had all three on 250 before, but your values work just as well and seem to be more processor-friendly. Do you know more about these settings?

Also, the Load Line Calibration diagram in the UEFI's Description appears to be in the wrong orientation, suggesting that with highest load you get the lowest vcore, while clearly it is the other way round. For my 24/7 oc of 4600, I have it on Level 5 with an offset voltage of +0.08, and I get vcores between 1.048 (lowest load) and 1.342 (max load).

One last question: How can I add a signature to my posts? I've looked up and down the options in the user cp, but I must be blind regarding the sig.

that might be post count ...but mine is under- user cp -:)

1)power limits
i used 250/250/150 up to 5200 then i had to change to 250/250/200 to get to 5350 and no matter what i did i could not get past that :(

2)LLC
i could not figure the diagram out but when overclocking higher 5200 level 5 did not boot changing to level 1 did boot ok .... i think it a little tempramental at moment ive never seen voltage jump around so much before

3)signature

that might be post count before you can get signature ...but mine is under- user cp - top of page :) then signature on the left hand side

Random question - on a cascade, can you turn just one stage on to get temps like a SS, or do both have to be on for cooling to reach the evap?

Ahh; that's what I was afraid of. Thanks for clarifying. Looks like it's time to get a SS too. ;)

lol no room

i tried the pll diss and tried to boot at 4900 would not till i enabled it ..

also ty RealWatzmann i have put off set voltage as .004 i think anyhow the lowes i could and vcore is all stable no jumping around :) and i had to enable all the features power saving or it would not boot at 4900 ...

still testing will report back

ohhh ps ive got a copper block solid one so i might do a little balancing act with the cascade somehow

lol no room

also ty RealWatzmann i have put off set voltage as .004 i think anyhow the lowes i could and vcore is all stable no jumping around :) and i had to enable all the features power saving or it would not boot at 4900 ...

I thought, to avoid this jumping, you'd use "fixed voltage". @ 4600, I went as low as +0.03 offset -- it booted fine, but had a BSOD immediately after starting prime95. With +0.05, it did about 10 secs befor BSODing. So I set it to +0.08, which lets it stay well below 1.4 vcore, and that shouldn't hurt.

It seems to depend on your specific cpu, I think. My 2600k can do 4700 at +0.1 offset, it also does 4800 but only if I risk 1.45+ vcore and above that, I guess, it hits the wall -- no matter how much voltage I'd apply. But I think 4600 for everyday use is good enough. Not much to be gained, practically speaking, only numbers.

Back