• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

intel owns up toUSB 3.0 in ivy bribge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
:confused: All I see are links, did you have anything to say?

hi
i'm sorry man ,, that was a FYI post , if i really knew what i had to say , i would say alot more . i read alot of information , this site seemed a bit different a view point i had not read or seen before.
The artical about sandy bridge , and Thunderbolt,, 3.0 USB, was new to me and i think others have had question about the Tunderbolt as well.

What i found interesting about the AMD Radeon 6000 series cards coming in so cheap , and the launch of the 7000 cards.
The market place is being driven by gamers and overclockers , who else cares but a few auto cad and graphic designers ,,, imho.

i'm not sure if many will agree but Teck Eye is cool and up to date.
http://www.techeye.net/hardware

“Drown in a cold vat of whiskey? Death, where is thy sting?” - WC Fields

Didn't click em. It'd be helpful to include even just a sentence or two to mention why you thought the links were worth posting in the first place :)

Didn't click em. It'd be helpful to include even just a sentence or two to mention why you thought the links were worth posting in the first place :)

Here ya go

Intel has said it will support USB 3.0 in 2012, integrating it into its Ivy Bridge chipsets.

Now that it's come out, it wants developers to being to target this technology along with Thunderbolt.

Kirk Skaugen, vice president at Intel Architecture Group, told delegates at a developer conference in Beijing that this is because the technologies complement rather than compete with each other.

Read more: http://www.techeye.net/chips/intel-owns-up-to-usb-3-0-in-ivy-bridge#ixzz1JjUBDBnj

Intel claims there thunderbolt complement's USB 3.0 and does not compete.

The best part of the whole article?

Earlier this week rival AMD announced that it had been given certification for its first SuperSpeed USB 3.0 chipsets.

According to DigiTimes, the company will be launching its 6670, 6570 and 6450 cards on April 19.

It's about time Intel integrated more I/O into their chipsets. SATA v3 and USB3 need to be on chipset.

As far as thunderbolt, I couldn't get info but it better not be a new I/O standard. We have enough. History has proven that you only need one decent universal standard.

Firewire had aspirations of being more than just a way for people to pipe digital video. Is it? No. 10+ years later and firewire is not ubiquitous like USB, despite having been a superior interface for most of the time that the two have existed together.

About the new AMD cards... give me a break. There is literally a pollution-level amount of choice out there graphics card wise. The fact that the 5770 IS the 6670 and that the 9800GT IS the 8800GT and we're basically just introducing two identical cards to exist in parallel is just plain stupid.

What Intel did, having a Wolfdale part eventually occupy the Pentium slot, was crazy in terms of selling to enthusiasts, but very smart in terms of selling to the general public in a way they could understand.

The Videocard market is so convoluted as to be confusing even to enthusiasts- and THAT is a bad thing.

Back