• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Random rebooting!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Caffinehog

Übercaffinated Member
I have a system running off windows 2000 Pro. Every day or so, it randomly reboots. It doesn't do this with windows 98 and all the same hardware. Has anyone else ever had this happen? How did you solve it?

Try This Win 2000 and XP have this to stop the BSOD
Right-click on My Computer, Advanced, Startup and Recovery Settings, turn off Auto restart.

I've switched out the power supply from an old 300W to a new 500W. I also changed the settings and got my first BSOD with windows2000. I think I liked the rebooting better.

I've switched out the power supply from an old 300W to a new 500W. I also changed the settings and got my first BSOD with windows2000. I think I liked the rebooting better.

sorry about the rebooting problem...the reason you were told to turn off automatic reboot is because sometimes the BSOD will identify your problem for you, or at least point you in the right direction. What is the error it is giving you on the BSOD?

Lots of different errors I don't think I've seen the same one twice. It always says something about a memory dump, though. It's less frequent when not overclocked, but it still happens.

You could try reseating your RAM, or reducing your OC to a more acceptable level, or even stock for a while, to see if the problem goes away.

Back