• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P8P67 Pro R3 problems?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Techboy10

So I just went and got my original P8P67 Pro replaced with the B3 version at Microcenter and while I was at the register one of the guys there said he wouldn't get the Pro B3 because he's been hearing that there's a lot of bugs with the board (only the Pro version apparently) and Asus might be discontinuing them soon. I haven't heard anything about that so I just went and got the replacement anyway.

Anyone here know anything about this? and if I should return the board I just got?

Thanks

Last edited:
Nope. Been running the P8P67 vanilla B3 board now for awhile and its been great. Not sure of what issue hes talking about?

Granted, its not the PRO but the board itself is essentially the same, only a few more ports/options which I dont think would make it a big deal?

There are a couple of issues with it, but they are getting sorted out and will be fixed in upcoming BIOS releases :)

I did manage to kill one, LOL but it was faulty from the get go, and I pushed it anyway :) IT should not be the norm...

Biggest Issue I have seen with the ASUS boards is you absolutely must have the correct MEI drivers installed. Seems a minor thing but it causes cascading issues if you do not. (newer BIOS need newer MEI drivers).

That said.. it clocks every bit as well as the deluxe, both are great boards. I would bet the vanilla would be damn nice too although you will sacrifice more features. I am not a big fan of the DIP2 but they definitely have their niche and I think many people will like it.

Back