• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrading Video card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flipstah

I might be upgrading my video card soon and I need some opinions!

Would there be a significant difference between the GTX 460 1gb and the GTX 560 Ti? (Only because cost issues, but planning ahead for Battlefield 3)

And if I were to get either of those video cards, would my cpu bottleneck any of these?

Thank you! any help is much appreciated!

Yeah there is definitely a big difference, especially if you tie in the overclocking potential of a GTX 560. The best value card will probably either a GTX 460 or a 6870. The GTX 560 overclocked to 1ghz (which is easy) will be about the performance of a GTX 570. But if you were going to spend around $250 then I'd recommend just getting a 6970 2gb reference card and unlocking it to a 6970.

BF3 by the looks of it will be very demanding since they are really utilizing DX 11 and the trailers just look magnificent.

Your CPU shouldn't be a bottleneck but getting it to 4ghz would only help.

Oooh. Thank you for the advice! I appreciate it! I'm leaning toward the 560 ti, I'm kinda of a nvidia junkie haha

Oh and, my 600 watt psu should be enough right?

I think your CPU will bottleneck the card's potential somewhat but you'll still get decent performance out of it. Overclock the CPU as far as it will go stable.

Back