• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help turn on Turbo key

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

porze13

i brought a new motherboard (Asus M4A78LT-M-LE 760G)
and CPU (AMD Athlon II Quad Core x4 640 3.0Ghz)
not to long ago and i been trying to found out how to overclock it. when every i click on turbo key on the turbo doesn't overclock it just stay at it 3000Mhz
So the Question is

1-What Do I Need To Use To Overclock It?

Oh and The other when i come home from shopping my brother was on my Pc and idk what he did but some how it overclock. the MHz Was over 3000Mhz it was like 3150Mhz But when i turn it off and come back to it 20min after and turn it on i cloud see that the turbo key wasn't working so PLz Help me
TY For ur time

Last edited:
Try reading the maunal...there are settings in the bios for that
i personally would not use the turbo hey i would oc via the bios.....

Try reading the maunal...there are settings in the bios for that
i personally would not use the turbo hey i would oc via the bios.....

What do u mean by reading the maunal... i hav read the maunal and they dont tell me any thing and about the bios idk so im lost plz help me someone

Although it was indirectly stated, you don't want to overclock in Windows. You don't have anywhere near the control of it being fully manual.

Although it was indirectly stated, you don't want to overclock in Windows. You don't have anywhere near the control of it being fully manual.

that true but i want to overclock it. Some How My computer went slower so i just want to try overclocking it. if any one hav any way to help me plz help:confused::confused:

I have the same problem with it, I got a m4a88tdv but the turbo v sounds like the best way to go. So you dont have it on all the time. Mine turns but I cannot overclock past 3.5 w/o it freezing. Some people on the site call the turbo v garbage and do it from the bios so I did and then I cannot use the turbo key cause it would be slowing it down. Sorry to answer your question with a question but im as lost as you are.

Back