• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2600K 5.7 w/HT on H2O

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
1) Awesome!
2) You should join our benching team!
3) I'm going to steal your chip :D

Has to be chilled water to achieve those temps w/ 1.66v going to that thing. Granted, its in idle state but still thats near ambient temps for most people.

57x...:thup:

Have you tried 58x 2c/2t superpi 1M? I found that reducing cores/threads helped to control temps for high multi on air/water.

I need to go ABOVE 1.7 volts to boot at 58x. It's a huge climb in volts. Or I'm doing something wrong.

My RAM is untouched. 1600MHz with stock timings etc.
58-59x boots but freezes directly at the windows loading screen. "Welcome to Windows" screen.

I've tried running with only 1 core 1 thread. Still no luck.
I need to read up on other voltages, what they do and what they are for.
What to increase, decrease etc etc.

I suppose that something isn't really up to par as it just keeps freezing. It can boot at lower voltage at 58 but still freezes but even sooner. At the "loading windows" screen.

Any bright ideas what I could try?
Keeping it cool for a few minutes wont be a problem. Gettign dryice tomorrow, 5KG. It'll last for a while hopefully. =D

Really wanna try some 3dmark runs etc.

If you are seeing the windows loading screen and not hung on the flashing cursor, then it can use that multiplier and it should just be a voltage thing. Though I wouldnt go over what you are already at without extreme cooling on it.

I've done some brief benching of SB with vcore up to ~1.65v but most of the hardcore hwbot results on these chip are done by taking the chip cold via single-stage (phase), dry ice, or even LN2 (although SB doesn't scale with LN2 like socket 1366 cpus) and also it is important to use proper insulating techniques to prevent condensation from frying your chip/motherboard etc.

Taking the chip cold helps to prevent it from being burned by high voltages and your chip along with proper cooling may do 58x or maybe even a little higher. It is hard to say as they all behave a little different when reaching their individual multi/frequency limits.

Thanks for the tips. What I don't understand though is that I can "run" 5.7 with HT at 1.67 but it just won't continue after "welcome to windows" after I hit 58x at 1.7V. Even with only 1 core active..

We basically have a dryice station ready to go. I just need Asrock to update the bios allowing higher vcore. May this chip burn in hell! :D

Asrock P67 boards at first had a 1.52v vcore limit! I wasn't able to bench my P67 Pro Fat at higher multis until they updated the BIOS allowing up to 1.7v.

What level LLC are you using? Level one will give you the most voltage... I believe that setting actually applies a little vrise at load.

That's crazy. I wish I could find a 2600k that performed that well. I have a custom built single stage cooler that I'm thinking about using for my 2500k, but I'm going to run it under water first and see what it will do. I've never tried Dry Ice or LN2, but I'm strongly considering it after seeing so many people have fun with it.

Back