• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best fan controller options for these...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I found the controller that Bing had posted but I know nothing about building a circuit. Would you know of any controllers that are available to purchase from somewhere that would work well with using 2 of these fans?

I found the controller that Bing had posted but I know nothing about building a circuit. Would you know of any controllers that are available to purchase from somewhere that would work well with using 2 of these fans?

This! I was looking at drive bay fan controllers, are any of those worth wild?

FYi:OP when I click your URL I am prompted with

Our websites are currently unavailable whilst we perform a scheduled system upgrade. Every effort has been made to minimize the impact of this event and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. If you have any questions, call 1.800.4.NEWARK (1.800.463.9275).

Ya the website was available earlier, hopefully it will be back up from that maintenance soon. Its a 6,000 rpm @ 100% fan

I wish I could get someone to build me one of those controllers in Bings post. Lol, I don't know how to approach something like that, but it's exactly what I need.

FYi:OP when I click your URL I am prompted with

Our websites are currently unavailable whilst we perform a scheduled system upgrade. Every effort has been made to minimize the impact of this event and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. If you have any questions, call 1.800.4.NEWARK (1.800.463.9275).
Thanks man, yea that site was up at 10PM when me and Smokyo7 left work.

I wish I could get someone to build me one of those controllers in Bings post. Lol, I don't know how to approach something like that, but it's exactly what I need.

Same here but we don't need the 6000RPMs even though that would be cool to blast it for a minute or two. But even once its built on the circuit board how the heck do I house the thing and where would I put it on my case so that it's easily accessible?

we don't need the 6000RPMs even though that would be cool to blast it for a minute or two. But even once its built on the circuit board how the heck do I house the thing and where would I put it on my case so that it's easily accessible?

You can put it wherever you want, I'm pretty sure BF modded it into a channel on his fan controller once he deadbugged it...you can do literally anything with it though. You can't use ANYTHING you'll find on newegg. That fan pulls 4A at 100%, which means you have 48W at 100%, and probably ~120-170W at startup...any of those dinky 12W controllers would melt immediately from that kind of current draw.

again, WHY ARE YOU PAYING THE PREMIUM FOR PWM WHEN YOU'RE NOT USING A PWM CONTROLLER? I put it in all caps because you ignored it last time and it's damn important that you be able to answer that question.

Back