• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

thermal ADHESIVE question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

repilce

Hey, just a quick question because google wasn't helping me much.
Anyone either tell me or point me in the direction of the difference in effective thermal conduction of Arctic Silver's "Alumina" and "Silver" adhesives?

I ordered the Silver version from jab-tech and they botched the order and sent me the alumina instead of the silver version adhesive. If the difference negligible than I may just use it and have them refund me the difference rather than trying to **** around with sending it back and waiting for more.

Thanks in advance :salute:

If they are both the adhesive, then the difference is the makeup. Just to verify, this is the adhesive, correct? You mix those tubes and mate two surfaces and they are not coming undone; ever.

Arctic Silver = Silver
Arctic Alumina = Ceramic

I doubt that it will be a big difference between the 2 in performance and the Alumina would be safer to use on any chips that have exposed legs that the adhesive could come in contact with. I remember reading back in the day of ddr1 about killing sticks of ram by getting some AS adhesive on the legs coming off the ram chips.

Yeh, i'm perma-sinking my 570 as I have not chance for warranty on it because of the steps that gigabyte take to ensure extreme difficulty removing the stock cooler. Not the main gpu of course, but all the ram ic's and the power system on the card. So maybe the alumnia is a better option anyway. Thanks for the info :salute:

jab-tech got back with me and is (no questions asked) refunding me the difference. So I'll give them props on that note, although I would hate to order something substantial and receive the wrong product(s) :eek:

jab-tech got back with me and is (no questions asked) refunding me the difference. So I'll give them props on that note, although I would hate to order something substantial and receive the wrong product(s) :eek:

Jab's support has always been great to me, had it been anything larger, I'm sure they would have made sure you got what you ordered :)

Thanks qiplayer, good info even though no matter what i did to my browser, the text on that page was cropped a bit on the right. :confused:

oh.. and :welcome: to the forums! :)

Thanks qiplayer, good info even though no matter what i did to my browser, the text on that page was cropped a bit on the right. :confused:

oh.. and :welcome: to the forums! :)

Tanks :)

And oh... It's not your browser :-D
It's th page

Back