• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is this heater core fine for a radiator ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alee

its 6.75 x 6.25 x 2.5 inches

so will it do the job for my water cooling project ?

id also like to know what fan should i put on it ? and is the shroud important ?

Attachments

• 28042011364.jpg
    28042011364.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 111
  • 28042011365.jpg
    28042011365.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 108
Aluminum tubing? If so, toss it.

Umm we have a watercooling sub forum, ask a mod to move it.

You will prolly need a shroud and a HIGH SPEED LOUD fan to make it work.

If it's copper/brass..............

Alum fins, okay, alum inside? Gone............

shroud = yes. Whether or not it will work is dependent on what your heatload is etc.

@m0r7if3r how should i make the shroud ? and what material should i use ? this is my first water cooling experiment

Watercooling board sticky talks about it I'm pretty sure...read through that and if they don't I'll dig up some guides for you

Get a car radiator :rofl: just kidding. Although I would not put it past anyone to try that :)
As my temps don't go past 35c full load (Phenom II x6 1090T 3.2GHZ), I don't need to use water cooling, but if I did need to, I would get a good WC uint :)

Get a car radiator :rofl: just kidding. Although I would not put it past anyone to try that :)
As my temps don't go past 35c full load (Phenom II x6 1090T 3.2GHZ), I don't need to use water cooling, but if I did need to, I would get a good WC uint :)

actually bobnova did that for forum wars...think it was from a nissan

Yup! This is it in benching mode for the last Forum Wars (which we, OCF, won, btw)

fwrig1.jpg

fwrig2.jpg

fwrig3.jpg

Got all six cores and HT of my 980x up to 4.8ish for WP32 and Vantage.

@Bobnova, man that is just pimp :salute:

@ OP, What do you plan on cooling with that thing? It may work as a rad, but it depends on the heat load of what your trying to cool as to whether or not it will be effective.

Back