• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buy from Newegg while living in Europe. Ship to USA.

• Thread starter Deleted member 94297
  • Start date
Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
D

Deleted member 94297

Is this possible? I would like to order something and I need to create an account to buy something, but when creating the account, it asks me to enter the exact address where my credit card and name is registered, which is naturally in Europe, so either I would have to give false information, or I don't know the way to do it.
Is there a way to do this, or I will have to overpay on Ebay?

I've always had problems with newegg while in Europe. Even while using a US credit card and shipping address, I'd always have to call them up and confirm it. They must run an IP check or something.

I used my wife's CC and bought a gift card for myself therefore circumventing their shipping address policies. (Our mailing address and physical address are different)

Why would you want to do this? Prices may look good on paper, but don't forget customs charge and VAT (if this applies in your country). It could end up making the components even more expensive!

I think the best way to do it is to have someone you can trust in the US to ship it as a "gift" - I believe this gets around those charges.

Back