Notices

Overclockers Forums > Overclockers.com Teams > Competitive Benchmarking Team
Competitive Benchmarking Team The Wild Side... Our competitive benchmarking team calls this section home. We are ranked #1 in the US on hwbot.org! Discussions focused on hwbot.org benchmarks.
Forum Jump

OC via Android

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 04-28-11, 02:00 PM Thread Starter   #1
Brolloks
Benching Senior on Siesta
Premium Member #8

OC via Android

Messed with this all morning and I can now OC my MIVE from my HTC EVO, change the multi, bclck and check all the vitals like temps, fan speeds etc, this is just what I'm looking for
Could not get it to work on my Motorola Xoom, I think the RC Bluetooth only goes with Android 2.1 and 2.2 OS
Attached Images

Brolloks is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-28-11, 02:03 PM   #2
TsunamiJuan

My understanding of the specs is that it mostly only works with either android or iphone/ipad(us blackberry users are out of luck). There some support for other stuff but its really iffy :\. I perfer to just hook my laptop up and use that, since you can actively graph power and temps with the rog connect through the windows client while viewing and controlling the other settings.

After using these features at blizzcon last year, its part of what really sold me on the ROG series motherboards.

Deanzo: Matts hat is too high a res for the video feed, that is the issue

Currently Doing Stupid OC tricks with A10 5800k @ A85X chipset
Asus M4N82 nforce980a mb, Phenom II 940 be @ 6000.1mhz (Bobnova'd) , 4gb DDR2 1066
Gigabyte a75-ud4h , 3870k @ 6016.7mhz, 2.358vcore
Asus MIVE, i7 2600k @ 5899.7mhz Benching Rig *RIP* Died doing what it did best
ASUS MIVE, i7 2600k @ 5.2ghz 1.49vcore, noctua NH-D14 2000
AMD e350 Cold Fusion - IceCream Special Ln2 Pot (the most fun you can have 130$ and ln2)
TsunamiJuan is offline Benching Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-28-11, 02:43 PM   #3
xsuperbgx
Benching Team Leader

Does it work well? Responds quickly? stable or buggy? Kind of seemed like a gimmick when I was reading about it. It does seem like a pretty good idea though.

LTC "LQPgAb7jbtYEzi6W9hnXsS4Xi3RLN7NDgu"
heat
xsuperbgx is online now Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile Rosetta Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-28-11, 02:54 PM Thread Starter   #4
Brolloks
Benching Senior on Siesta
Premium Member #8

Surprisingly it responds very well, no lag, temps move and is exactly what is on TurboV, I am very impressed with the interface
And I have a stripped down XP on the host PC, I installed ROG connect plus and paired the devices via bluetooth and it started right up

Last edited by Brolloks; 04-28-11 at 05:47 PM.
Brolloks is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-28-11, 04:37 PM   #5
Meathead

awesome I have an android with 2.2 on it and an ipod touch. I'll have to check that out.

MSI Big Bang Xpower | Intel 980x | 4.0ghz 160x24 | EK HF Supreme w/ MCP-655-B Pump and MCR 320 QP res | 3x4096 triple channel Mushkin Redline DDR3 2000 9-9-9-24 | Evga gtx 580 w/ EK block | OCZ Vertex 2 60gig OS drive/OCZ Vertex 2 120gig game drive/WD 750gig storage | Corsair AX1200 |
Meathead is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Overclockers.com Teams > Competitive Benchmarking Team
Competitive Benchmarking Team The Wild Side... Our competitive benchmarking team calls this section home. We are ranked #1 in the US on hwbot.org! Discussions focused on hwbot.org benchmarks.