• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Remapping keys in Fallout New Vegas...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aynjell

This thread might well apply to all Bethesda first person games based on the oblivion engine, but most important to me right now is...

how do I remap the a and e keys in the loot menu and various other screens in the game? I am using a left handed mouse and I game with almost a complete reversal of WASD (I game around PL;'). Either way, you can't seem to remap take all and whatever is bound to e very easily and was hoping somebody had some information on this.

As it stands, I'm stuck using mouse or moving my hand off the cluster to get to a and e. If somebody has a fix for this, my experience with new vegas will be far more pleasant.

im a leftie, try using iouk.. give a little more space with yhnp;.m for stuff. as for the mapping i donno, us lefties are always getting screwed in games

im a leftie, try using iouk.. give a little more space with yhnp;.m for stuff. as for the mapping i donno, us lefties are always getting screwed in games

This works well for me, being the exact opposite, it's easier to translate in my mine from a to ' then anything else.

FYI, I found a very good solution for this, and it works.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/fallout3/show_msgs.php?pid=918428&topic_id=m-1-58736390

It works for any menu, as long as you can understand the format of the configuration files (which is fairly standardized). Score one for southpaws, although I'm disappointed in bethesda for being so absent minded in their accessibility options. Crippled folks must have it ten times worse. By the way, the guide isn't entirely accurate, in that the buttonhints aren't defined for all of the buttons. In my case, my universal "accept" button is O, and my universal "cancel/exit" button is L. So I set it to just "O" or "L". I'll post more details on it tonite.

Also, thanks to the original poster at the link for providing this information. It's literally the only thing I could find.

Last edited:
Back